Verlieren wir Bibliothekare unseren Job wegen Internet & Co.? 2

2. Teil. Gruesse, O.Obst
Wie sagt H.D.Huesch immer so schoen: "Im Voraus Nachdenken!"
Date:    Thu, 9 Mar 1995 10:46:12 -0600
From:    "COOPER, ELLEN R." <ECOOPER _at__ LIFE.JSC.NASA.GOV>
Subject: LIB'N LOSES JOB

There's a news item on the front page of the Wall Street Journal
for Tuesday, March 7 titled, "Corporate librarians find the
information boom can threaten their jobs." It goes on to describe
how a company librarian lost her job (the library was closed)
because the company was letting the staff do their own online
searches now. Internet specifically was mentioned. I wonder if
the employees will continue to be satisfied with the quality of
their own searches. Or if they'll even know what they're missing.
The librarian is quoted as saying she "didn't do a good job of
marketing herself or the library" so I guess there's a lesson
there for all of us.

Ellen Cooper, Librarian
Solvay Pharmaceuticals
Marietta, GA 30062