Re: Artikeldatenbank

On Wed, 30 Nov 1994, martin wrote:

> Dear Jim,
>
> Thanks for the advice with CARL.  Sounds great!  Unfortunately,
> although I can access lots of machines in the US, I cannot contact
> database.carl.org.  The error I get is 'unknown host.'  I have no idea
> what the problem is.
> Any kind of help or advice is welcome.

Dear Martin,

probably it is a problem of your 'name-server'. So , you should try the
following :

telnet 192.54.81.76

which is the address of database.carl.org.
Let me know if it works.
  Achim

"Take away the love and the anger
 And a little piece of rope holding us together
 Looking for a moment that'll never happen
 Living in the gap between past and future
 Take away the stone and the timber
 And a little piece of rope won't hold it together"

                                    -- "Love and Anger" (Kate Bush)

                * * *