Re: Viewer gesucht

In message Tue, 27 Sep 1994 08:48:04 +0100,
  Michael Schaarwaechter <Michael.Schaarwaechter _at__ zb2.UB.uni-dortmund.de>  writes:

> und nix anfassen koennen. Wie kann man z.B. in Mosaic den Menuepunkt,
> mit dem man nicht auf den Bildschirm sondern in eine Datei schreiben
> kann, abklemmen?

> Wenn jmd. eine solche Konfiguration von Mosaic hingekriegt hat, waere
> ich sicher nicht der einzige, der daran BRENNEND interessiert ist!

Hallo Michael,

um das brennende Interesse zu befriedigen:

abspeichern und einige andere Sachen kann man mit dem Kiosk-Modus
verhindern (ab Version...06)
Auszug aus der README.WRI:

Kiosk Mosaic will allow the use of our Web browser without certain
potentially hazardous functions.  ie.  Load to Disk,  the Menu Editor,
etc..  We primarily wrote this version for our user base that offers the
use of this web browser in a public setting.  The local public library is a
good example of such a setting.  Kiosk Mosaic is designed to remain on top
at all times and it will not allow the user change or reconfigure the
option settings.  Thus, an administrator now has the ability to protect his
machine and a set of desire configuration paramenters.  To enter the kiosk
mode you need to envoke the program from the command line using the -k
option.  From your Program Manager, select File, Run... and you will be
given a dialog box that will allow you to enter the directory path and the
executable name.  i.e.  c:\directory\path\mosaic -k   (where there is a
space between mosaic and -k)

Ausserdem kann man eine spezielle mosaic.ini definieren... RTFM 8-))

Allerdings kann man bei aufgerufenen Viewern (nach meiner Erfahrung) immer
noch abspeichern....
Irgendwelche Tips??
Schoenen Gruss
Edlef
Edlef Stabenau                                       FON: 040 7718 3289
stabenau _at__ tu-harburg.d400.de                          FIDO 2:240/6007.16