Re: Praesentation von Bibliotheken u. ihrer Informationsdie

Lieber Herr Rijntjes,
> Wir ueberlegen z. Zt., unsere WWW-Seiten auf Frames umzustellen.
Vorher sollten Sie aber doch noch kurz auf
http://www.boku.ac.at/htmleinf/hein52.html#noframes
schauen!
Und unter
http://www.unix-ag.uni-siegen.de/frames/
finden Sie das Ergebnis einer Umfrage zum Thema:
****Zitat Anfang:*****

4.Q: Do you like pages with frames?
     A:
          - 36 (12.12%) always, frames are cool
          - 164 (55.22%) sometimes
          - 94 (31.65%) never, frames are so annoying
          - (unanswered by 3 people)

   5.Q: If you can choose between a no-frame and a frame version of an
   unknown page, what would you choose?
     A:
          - 96 (32.32%) frame version
          - 194 (65.32%) no-frame version
          - (unanswered by 7 people)

   6.Q: Do you think that frames are useful?
     A:
          - 67 (22.56%) yes
          - 67 (22.56%) no
          - 156 (52.53%) sometimes
          - 3 (1.01%) I don't care
          - (unanswered by 4 people)

   7.Q: What happens if you get a page with frames while browsing
   through the web?
     A:
          - 88 (29.63%) I read it (it makes no difference)
          - 7 (2.36%) I leave the page immeditately
          - 195 (65.66%) I read the page only if I'm really interested
          in its content - (unanswered by 7 people)

   8.Q: Can you remember a situation where you got confused by frames.
   (ie. lost orientation on a frame-only site)
     A:
          - 104 (35.02%) yes, in most cases
          - 142 (47.81%) yes, but rarely
          - 46 (15.49%) no
          - (unanswered by 5 people)

   9.Q: Would you like to see more or less pages with frames on the
   web?
     A:
          - 71 (23.91%) more
          - 133 (44.78%) less
          - 75 (25.25%) no frames at all...
          - (unanswered by 0 people)
****Ende des Zitats**** (Punkt 9 scheint mir in Ihrem Fall besonders
beachtenswert zu sein).
Und ein letztes Argument:
allerneueste Palm Pilots, Westentaschen-PCs, haben auch ihre
Schwierigkeiten mit den frames, nicht nur die alten Kaesten. Dito
Suchmaschinen.
Und noch 'was: frames sind mega-out, :-)!

Schoenen Feierabend,
Thomas Hilberer