(Fwd) Online reference project: we need you!

Hallo Liste,

vielleicht fuehlt sich ja jemand berufen? 8-)
Ich finde das Experiment ziemlich interessant, allerdings sollte man
schon etwas MOO/Chat-Erfahrung mitbringen oder zumindest frueher mal
Adventures auf dem C64, Apple oder Spectrum gespielt haben. Die
"Kommandosprachenoberflaeche" ist nicht jedermanns/fraus Sache....

Schoenen Gruss
Edlef

In soc.libraries.talk, jennifer _at__ tic.bisman.com wrote:

Would you like a completely new and exciting experience as
a librarian, on the Internet?  We are trying to staff our
library on the Internet Public Library interactive MOO.
Working with people live on the Internet is a new kind
of reference experience.  If you can volunteer one hour
a week to serve as a reference librarian on the Internet,
we would like to hear from you.

We'd like your help to staff the IPL MOO
 (telnet://moo.ipl.org:8888) from 6 to 7 pm. eastern time,
 Monday through Sunday, so that visitors to the MOO
can get reference help online in real-time.  This program
 will be a sequel to the original IPL MOO Reference Pilot
Project of 1995-1996; for a draft report on the first
project, see http://www.sils.umich.edu/~ejshaw/research2.html .
You may also want to visit the Internet Public Library's
website at http://www.ipl.org .

We will train you to use the MOO, and you can work anywhere
you have Internet access.  No matter what your level of
technological expertise, we can use your help!

Take a look at the resources above, and please feel free
to email us for more information or to volunteer your time.
 This is a chance to meet librarians from all over the
world, sharpen your Internet and reference skills, and
help members of the online community orient themselves
in a sea of information. Don't pass it up--email us now at
MOOvolunteer _at__ hotmail.com!

Jennifer Friedman
Reference/Cataloging Librarian
North Dakota State Library

Member, Reference Committee
Internet Public Library MOO

The above project is not affiliated with the North
Dakota State Library in any way.  The IPLMOO is
authorized and housed, but not managed, by the School
of Library and Information Studies at the University
of Michigan.