[InetBib] Suche nach einer I&B-Institution für den Fachaufenthalt eines nigerianischen Informationsspezialisten

Liebe Kolleginnen und Kollegen,

Das Goethe-Institut, Zentrale München, sucht eine Möglichkeit für einen
mehrwöchigen Fachaufenthalt eines nigerianischen Informationsspezialisten, der
sich schwerpunktmäßig für die Themenbereiche Digitalisierung, Datenbanken etc.
interessiert.

Der berufliche Werdegang des nigerianischen Kollegen aus Lagos gestaltet sich
wie folgt:

EDUCATIONAL RECORD:

Master of Information Science, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria - 2005

M.Sc (Agric. Economics), University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria - 1995

B.Sc (Agric) - Second Class Upper Division, University of Ibadan, Ibadan,
Nigeria - 1990

EMPLOYMENT RECORD:

Principal Documentation Officer, 1996 - Date

Library & Documentation/Information Section, Federal Institute of Industrial
Research, Oshodi (FIIRO), Lagos, Nigeria.

FIIRO is the premier research organization in Nigeria. It conducts research in
industrial materials and processes to
pliot plant stages, including engineering design, development and fabrication.

Job Description: Maintain computerized database and corresponding library of
project documents produced by the research officers in various divisions (i.e.
Engineering, Chemical & Fibre Technology, Food & Analytical and Information
Technology Marketing & Extension) of the Institute.

Maintain a database of all FIIRO completed technologies since its inception and
make it available to scientists on request.

Coordinate the use of electronic online content (Website) in sourcing for
relevant information for scientists on priority projects of the Institute.

DETAILS ON DATABASE AND PROGRAMMING SKILLS:

Ability to use VISUAL BASIC 6.0 & MICROSOFT ACESS 2000

I completed a Masters degree in Information Science in June, 2005. The course
exposed me to Principles of Information Retrieval, Database Management Systems
and Records and Information Management.

Topic of M.InfSc Thesis Work (June, 2005): The design of computerized
Information Retrieval System for Federal Institute of Industrial Research,
Oshodi (FIIRO), Lagos.
VISUAL BASIC 6.0 was used as the Programming Language to design the system,
while Microsoft Access 2000 was the Database Management System used for the
database.
This design was embarked on to solve the manual process of storage and
retrieval of the vital scientific records of the Institute.
The computerized information retrieval system offers the most effective answer
to scientific and technological information needs of research scientists of
FIIRO.

NOTE: I also have contribution in the areas of Database Management, Information
Processing, Storage and Retrieval in some Nigerian Journals.

Kontakt:

Markus Kedziora

Ber. 222 Information und Bibliothek

Goethe-Institut