[InetBib] 'Digital Arts & Humanities' launched

Liebe Listenmitglieder,

ich leite folgende englische E-Mail an Sie weiter mit der Ergaenzung, dass die angekuendigte Website eine Reihe von Informationen zum Thema Librarianship, Information and Museum Studies enthaelt, direkt abrufbar unter:
http://www.arts-humanities.net/taxonomy/term/10/all

The Digital Arts & Humanities site was launched on Sunday 11 September at a reception at the 'Digital Research in the Arts and Humanities and Arts' conference.

Digital Arts & Humanities is a place to share and discuss ideas, promote your research and discover the digital arts and humanities. This virtual community of arts and humanities researchers has been developed by the AHRC ICT Methods Network in collaboration with several other institutions and communities and is hosted by King's College London.

http://www.arts-humanities.net/

As a member of the community you can:

- announce activities in your field to a wide audience

- keep up to date with what others are doing

- exchange ideas and experience with the community in our group forums and user blogs

- build your profile to show your research interests and background and search others' profiles to find contacts and identify future collaborations

- use our wiki to learn more about tools and methods for your research.

Digital Arts & Humanities is also used as a community platform by various groups and projects. We would be happy to host your community and offer features including blogs and open or private discussion groups. Even if you are already using such features on your own website, a presence on Digital Arts & Humanities is a good way of letting the wider community know what you are up to and to make new contacts.

Discussions and postings are automatically announced on other websites and integrated into social bookmarking and networking sites to make them available to a wide audience. Our RSS feeds make it easy to add our community content to your site.

Several other groups support and contribute to Digital Arts & Humanities. These include: Arts and Humanities Data Service; Arts and Humanities eScience Support Centre; CHArt - Computers and the History of Art; ICT Guides. The site already has over 250 registered members and active discussions.

You might be especially interested in a forum thread where we discuss 'After the AHDS: The End of National Support?' This thread continues the discussion from a panel at the DRHA conference (David Robey, David Sheperd, Lorna Hughes) earlier this month:
http://www.arts-humanities.net/366

If you have any questions about Digital Arts & Humanities, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
Torsten
--
Torsten Reimer