[InetBib] BOBCATSSS 2008 reminder_w51

Liebe Inetbib-Mitglieder,

anbei erhalten Sie den aktuellen BOBCATSSS2008-Reminder. Wir würden
uns über Weiterverbeitung und Verwendung der Information sehr freuen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

BOBCATSSS2008 PR Group

BOBCATSSS 2008 – what you can discover there

In the following we give you an insight into the programme:

Producing access to information and producing information itself does not need
any librarian or publishing house. Zine libraries serve as significant evidence
for that point. These non professional libraries are based on collections of
texts, magazines etc. about special topics. Lacey Prpic Hedtke did some
research, visited several of these independent libraries and infoshops and at
least built such a zine on her own. Within the
poster presentation “Cereal Boxes and Milk Crates - Zine Libraries and
Infoshops are NOW” Hedke presents her findings and research results. Hedtkes
Poster will give an outlook on how information resources are created, operated,
funded and many more things in the “parallel world of E-zine libraries”.

So come to the BOBCATSSS 2008 symposium to have a look at her poster and to
discuss with her. Moreover you have the chance to discover and get an insight
into many other challenging ideas on the topic “Providing Access to Information
for Everyone” in Zadar, Croatia from 28 to 30 January 2008.

In these three days we do not only want to raise your awareness for the topic
of unequal availability of information but also provide the basis for new ideas
and concepts. Besides, the exchange of ideas and experiences of course
networking will be a very important part of the conference.

Please notice that more than half of the tickets of the conference are already
sold! This also means that only a few workshops are still available. If you are
one of those who have not yet registered please go to the online registration:
http://www.bobcatsss2008.org/index.php?lang=en&url=registration

We are looking forward to your participation. Discuss with us!!!
The BOBCATSSS2008-Team wishes you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Registration and the present programme you can find at:
www.bobcatsss2008.org

For further information please contact us or visit our weblog.

prgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.bobcatsss2008.org/zadar2008blog/

BOBCATSSS 2008 Organisation Team
Zadar / Osijek / Berlin / Potsdam