[InetBib] IFLA_ Information Literacy Section - Reference and Information Services Section_Call for Papers

Liebe Kolleginnen und Kollegen,
anbei der Call for Papers der IFLA-Sektionen/ Information Literacy/ und/
Reference and Information Services/ für die kommende IFLA.Konferenz in
Göteborg 2010.
Viele Grüße!
Franziska Wein

World Library and Information Congress:

76^th IFLA General Conference and Council

"Open Access to Knowledge: Promoting Sustainable Progress"

August 10-15 2010, Gothenburg, Sweden

*Call for Papers*

*/Don't Wait to be Asked: Towards Next Generation Reference Services
and Information Literacy/*

The Reference and Information Services Section and the Information
Literacy Section invite proposals for papers to be presented at a
joint two-hour programme which will explore the transformation and
integration of reference and information literacy into new models of
instruction and information services./  /

/ /

*/Subjects of interest include: /*

·         How do we transform and integrate reference and information
literacy into new models of instruction and service?

·         How can we identify and understand the future needs of our
users?

·         How will the relationship and collaboration between
librarians and users change?

·         What information skills will be needed in 2010 and beyond in
all sectors of society?

·         How do we transform our users' computer savvy into the
ability to use and evaluate information efficiently, effectively, and
ethically?

·         What is the role of the library website?  How can we move
from passive pages to interactive learning tools and valued
information assets?

·         How can we deliver innovative and effective information
literacy support, guidance, and programmes to the right people at the
right time?

·         How will we define and develop the reference and instruction
librarians of tomorrow?

*/Proposals/*

Proposals should include the following:  abstract of paper (max. 500
words); author details (name, institution, position) and brief
biographical statement of no more than 50 words.  The deadline for
submitting proposals is *January 22, 2010*.  Late submissions will not
be considered.  Submit proposals electronically to Amanda Duffy
(burntoak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) <mailto:%28burntoak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx%29> and
indicate "IFLA proposal" in the subject line.  Selected presenters
will be notified by February 22, 2010.

*/Papers/*

Presenters will be expected to submit final versions of their papers
by *May 1, 2010.*  Papers should be in English (or in one of the
official IFLA languages, with an English translation attached).  The
language of the session is English.  Presenters will have 15 minutes
at the programme to deliver summaries of their papers, and time will
be allowed for an open forum to allow audience interaction.

Please note that the expense of attending the Gothenburg conference
will be the responsibility of the presenter(s) of accepted papers and
at least one of the presenters/authors must be present for the programme.

For more information, please contact Amanda Duffy
(burntoak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:burntoak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>) or Sharon
Mader (smader@xxxxxxx <mailto:smader@xxxxxxx>).

--
http://www.inetbib.de