[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[InetBib] international Ticer summer school Digital Libraries à la Carte
- Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 16:50:33 +0200
- From: "Jola G.B. Prinsen" <jola.prinsen@xxxxxx>
- Subject: [InetBib] international Ticer summer school Digital Libraries à la Carte
This message is posted on several lists. My apologies for any duplication.
From 26 – 30 July 2010, Ticer’s international summer school "Digital Libraries
à la Carte" will be held at Tilburg University, the Netherlands. You can pick
your choice from a completely renewed ‘menu’ of five one-day modules.
* Module 1: Strategic Developments and Library Management
* Module 2: The Library in the Scholar's Workflow and Research Data
* Module 3: Libraries - Partners in Teaching and Learning
* Module 4: Mobile Technologies in Education and Library
* Module 5: Web 2.0 and Linked Data in Libraries
The informative website can be found at www.tilburguniversity.nl/ticer/2010/.
Those registering before 1 May 2010, will receive a €150 discount.
* Supporting your institution’s strategic goals
* Your library’s return on investment
* The role of libraries in research assessment
* Digital scholarship
* Data management and re-use
* The scholar’s workflow
* Research support services
* Web lectures
* 21st Century literacies
* Physical learning spaces
* The use of mobile devices by teens and young adults
* Mobile technology in teaching and learning
* Mobile enhanced library services
* eReaders in education and libraries
* Web 2.0
* User-centred design of next-generation library services
* Linked data
* Open annotation
Course director is Wolfram Neubauer, Library Director, Swiss Federal Institute
of Technology Zürich (ETHZ). Top speakers will present their views. Below is
just a small selection.
* Paula T. Kaufman, Dean of Libraries at the University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign, measures the return on investment of her academic libraries.
* Carole Goble, professor at the University of Manchester, is director of
the MyGrid project and knows how to get in the scholar’s workflow.
* Tony Hey is Corporate Vice President of External Research at Microsoft
Research and an expert on data-intensive science.
* Andrew Treloar is Director of Technology at the Australian National
Data Service and can tell us how to get started with research data services.
* Susie Andretta is senior lecturer in Information Management at the
London Metropolitan University and editor of the Journal of Information
* Kristen Purcell, Associate Director, Research at Pew Internet &
American Life Project shares research results on the use of mobile technology
by teens and young adults.
* As E-Adviser Teaching & Learning at JISC, Adam Blackwood explains how
to enrich the student’s learning experience with mobile technology.
* Tito Sierra, Associate Head for Digital Library Development, NCSU
Libraries, successfully concluded several mobile library projects.
* Anne Christensen, responsible for the beluga system at the State and
University Library Hamburg shares her expertise on usability.
Ms Jola Prinsen, Manager Ticer
Tilburg University, Library and IT Services
P.O. Box 90153, 5000 LE Tilburg, The Netherlands
Tel. +31 13 466 8310, fax +31 13 466 8383, jola.prinsen@xxxxxx
Listeninformationen unter http://www.inetbib.de.