Re: [InetBib] KG-Diskussion

Herr Heiligenhaus, andere Moderatoren sehen die Sache mit dem Rausschmiß anders:
Dieses war Steven Harnad's Begründung, als er Klaus Graf vor einigen Monaten
aus seinem American-Scientist-Open Access-Forum ausschloss. Ich habe dann
gedacht: Quel gâchis! Denn KG brachte ja interessante Aspekte in die
Diskussionen ein. Aber Harnad hatte wohl recht:

"Every time the discussion in this Forum is allowed to stray off-topic, it
elicits a wave of participants -- sometimes longstanding ones -- signing off
from the Forum. This is because this Forum -- dedicated for many years
exclusively to the discussion of concrete, practical OA policy and strategy --
is followed by US and European University provosts, presidents, rectors and
other busy policy-makers who do not have the time for off-topic discussion, let
alone ad hominem flaming and invective.

Consequently I have taken the step of signing KG off the Forum (the first time
I have done this, in the Forum's 12-year existence). The Forum's archives are
OA, so this does not deprive KG (or anyone) of access, but it puts an end to
his posting privileges.

The last several responses of Forum members to KG's postings (including the
latest one below, not posted) have confirmed my fear that I had been remiss in
my responsibility as moderator in not having done this earlier.

With my apologies,

Stevan Harnad, Moderator
American Scientist Open Access Forum