[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[InetBib] Call for Presentations for the ALA International Relations Roundtable (IRRT) Preconference
- Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 17:08:03 -0500
- From: "Doellgast, Brigitte" <doellgast@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [InetBib] Call for Presentations for the ALA International Relations Roundtable (IRRT) Preconference
Call for Presentations for the ALA International Relations Roundtable
Deadline: February 20, 2012
Innovative Practices: Developing Sustainable Programs, Mobilizing
Support for Your Library!
The IRRT Preconference Committee invites proposals for presentations
from librarians and administrators from libraries of all sectors. Based
on this year's theme, the IRRT Preconference Committee is interested in
proposals that showcase creative strategies and practices in developing
sustainable partnerships with local organizations. Of particular
interest for this year's preconference, but not limited to, are case
studies of international collaborations between U.S. and international
libraries that represent innovative practices in developing program
proposals, mobilizing community support, and raising funds. Among the
topics that may be addressed in the presentation proposals are:
- providing multi-lingual interfaces to services
- incorporating new forms of content into the collection
- employing Web 2.0 tools to mash-up with traditional library services
- promoting free and equal access to information for all members of the
- using open source software for new services
- employing sustainable information technologies for services in
In the proposal, please provide:
1. Title of proposed presentation
2. Abstract of the presentation (no more than one page or 300 words)
3. Name, title of position, and affiliation of the presenter(s)
4. Brief biographical statement of the presenter(s)
5. Contact information (e-mail address and phone number)
Submission of proposals:
Please submit your proposal electronically to Tim Zou, Chair of the IRRT
Preconference Committee, tzou@xxxxxxxx no later than February 20, 2012.
Selected presenters will be notified by March 15, 2012.
The IRRT Preconference will be held on Friday, June 22, 2012 in
conjunction with the ALA Annual Conference (June 21- 26 2012) in
Anaheim, CA. It will be a half-day program from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm that
consists of 3 to 4 panel presentations and a one-hour interactive
workshop on advocacy and fundraising.
Listeninformationen unter http://www.inetbib.de.