[InetBib] Stellenausschreibung an der European Library - Library Relations Coordinator

Library Relations Coordinator

Are you an experienced account management professional, with enthusiasm for
the libraries sector? Would you like to work in an English-speaking
international team? Then come and join The European Library team at the
Europeana Foundation, based in the National Library of the Netherlands in The
Hague.

The European Library is completely owned and run by the libraries of Europe.
It provides a single point of access to the collections of Europe’s national
and research libraries, a vast dataset of 200 million bibliographic records and
metadata to 7 million digital objects.
We offer member libraries a range of services, underpinned by a powerful
aggregation infrastructure, capable of preparing libraries’ data for
distribution into multiple channels, including research infrastructures,
commercial providers and search engines. We are the libraries’ aggregator for
Europeana, the gateway to digital cultural heritage of Europe’s museums,
libraries and archives.

We are at the cutting edge of research and development in digital libraries.
Our centre of competence includes data enrichment, clustering techniques, full
text indexing and linked open data.
Our network currently serves 48 national libraries in 46 countries and is now
open to research libraries. As a membership organisation, our future success
rests on our ability to attract and retain hundreds of libraries within a
thriving network. That means understanding and delivering what our member
libraries need and ensuring the highest levels of service to them.

We are now seeking a qualified and experienced professional to manage
relationships with our libraries network.

Key responsibility:

To manage all customer relationship-related activities for The European
Library and associated projects

Main duties:
- Anticipate and respond to the needs of the libraries in our network
- Communicate regularly with member libraries, providing help and advice on
all topics related to The European Library
- Investigate and solve queries and problems raised by libraries
- Maintain comprehensive and up-to-date profiles of libraries within our
customer relationship management system and on the website,
- Keep accurate and detailed records of correspondence and discussions with
libraries
- Monitor libraries’ satisfaction with our service and provide detailed
reports
- Develop and maintain policies on services to libraries
- Keep all our documentation for libraries up to date
- Stay fully informed of our products and services and be able to communicate
these effectively to libraries

Profile:

Skills and experience

Essential
- Graduate
- At least one year of relevant experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of the libraries sector
- Fluency in English
- Outstanding communicator
- Excellent team player

Desirable
Relevant professional qualification

The European Library

Established since 2005, The European Library offers a single point of access
to the bibliographical and digital collections of the national and research
libraries of Europe. It is a service of the Conference of European National
Librarians (CENL) and is based in the National Library of The Netherlands in
The Hague.
For more information, please visit the website:
http://www.theeuropeanlibrary.org

Employer

Staff of The European Library are employed by the Europeana Foundation, based
in The Hague.

Terms and conditions of employment
The salary for this post is in line with the Collective Labour agreement for
Research Centres, scale 9 or 10, (€ 2.500 - € 3.800,- gross per month, holiday
allowance and annual bonus not included) depending on your experience and
skills. In addition, you will have 42 days holiday per year, a holiday
allowance (8%), an annual bonus (around 8%) and good fringe benefits.
This position is for 12 months in the first instance. Any renewal is subject
to suitable performance and availability of funding. The contract is for a
maximum of 40 hours a week.

How to apply
For questions about the job please email Aubery Escande aubery.escande@xxxxxx
Please send your CV and application letter to jobs@xxxxxxxxxxxx, clearly marked
‘Library Relations Officer, The European Library’.
Final acceptance date for application: 21st January 2013 at 12:00 CET
First telephone interviews will be held during the week beginning: 28th
January 2013

--
http://www.inetbib.de