Von: Heinz Pampel <pampel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: [DINI e.V.: Epub] re3data.org: new repositories and functionalities
Datum: 17. September 2013 09:37:08 MESZ
An: epub@xxxxxxx
Antwort an: epub@xxxxxxx,Heinz Pampel <pampel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Perhaps of interest to list members. Apologies for cross-posting.
--

re3data.org: new repositories and functionalities

We've been busy during the summertime. The number of indexed research data
repositories has grown significantly. Currently re3data.org lists 611
research data repositories. 398 of these are described in detail using the
re3data.org vocabulary [1].

We've also improved the functionalities and the design of the registry. It's
now possible to browse through the indexed data repositories (1. by subject,
2. by content type and 3. by country): http://www.re3data.org/browse/

Furthermore we re-designed the detail view of a repository by splitting all
information into the following categories: general, institutions, policies
and miscellaneous. Check out the example of DRYAD:
http://service.re3data.org/repository/r3d100000044

Beyond that, re3data.org is now also part of Nature's Scientific Data's
deposition policy. The policy states that: “We also encourage life science
and biomedical repositories and communities to register their services and
reporting standards at BioSharing. Physics, astrophysics, astronomy and
geoscience databases should be registered with re3data.org.” [2] Currently
BioSharing and re3data.org are in the process of finalizing an agreement to
ensure complementarity between their records. BioSharing offers a catalogue
of databases in the life sciences. These databases are described according to
the BioDBcore guidelines [3].

re3data.org was mentioned in an report on “Open Data Access Policies and
Strategies in the European Research Area and Beyond” for the European
Commission [4]. Furthermore re3data.org was referenced in journal policies
(e.g. Copernicus Publications) [5] and repository guidelines (e.g. PREPARDE)
[6].

We are happy to see that re3data.org is on its way to become the useful tool
for researchers, research data repository operators, publishers and funders,
that we planned it to be. We’re not finished yet and will continue to improve
our registry also thanks to your feedback that is more appreciated than ever.

Further information:
http://www.re3data.org/2013/09/new-repositories-and-functionalities/

[1] http://www.re3data.org/schema/2-0/
[2] http://www.nature.com/scientificdata/for-authors/data-deposition-policies/
[3] http://www.biosharing.org
[4] http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-13-786_en.htm
[5] http://publications.copernicus.org/services/data_policy.html
[6] http://goo.gl/Uq5VRF

Heinz Pampel

Helmholtz Association
Helmholtz Open Access Coordination Office

re3data.org - Registry of Research Data Repositories

Helmholtz Centre Potsdam
GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences
Library of the Albert Einstein Science Park
Telegrafenberg, 14473 Potsdam
Tel: + 49 (0) 331-288 1948
E-Mail: pampel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://oa.helmholtz.de | http://www.re3data.org

----
Paul Vierkant M.A.

Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Institut für Bibliotheks- und Informationswissenschaft (IBI)
Projekt re3data - www.re3data.org

Postadresse:
Unter den Linden 6
D-10099 Berlin