[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[InetBib] Erinnerung: DiXiT Convention "Digital Editions: Academia, Society, Cultural Heritage", Köln, 16.-18. März 2016
- Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 17:13:14 +0200
- From: Franz Fischer <franz.fischer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [InetBib] Erinnerung: DiXiT Convention "Digital Editions: Academia, Society, Cultural Heritage", Köln, 16.-18. März 2016
*please circulate widely*
*apologies for cross-posting*
Reminder: DiXiT Convention "Digital Editions: Academia, Society,
Cultural Heritage", Cologne, 16-18 March 2016
CfP Deadline: 16 October 2015!
Keynotes by Claire Clivaz (University of Lausanne) and Claudine Moulin
(University of Trier)
Confirmed speakers include Gregory Crane (University of Leipzig), Helene
Hahn (Open Knowledge Foundation, Berlin), Ray Siemens (University of
To be confirmed: Hilde Bøe (Munch Museum, Oslo), Arianna Ciula
(University of Roehampton)
Club talk by Ben Brumfield (Independent scholar, Texas)
The convention organizers invite contributions from everyone working in
the field of scholarly editing and its neighbouring areas. Early career
scholars are welcome, and a limited number of travel bursaries is available.
While the convention is open to any research about digital scholarly
editing, the focus will be on its relation to academia, society and
cultural heritage. As such, topics for the sessions may especially include:
* textual criticism and the future of the high standard critical edition
* open/public knowledge: mutual benefit for academia & society
* social editing, crowdsourcing, citizen science
* issues of rights and ethics related to scholarly editions
* scholarly curation and usage of cultural heritage data
* museums, libraries & archives as data providers for the edition
* dissemination, sustainability and addressability of digital heritage
* publishing the edition and the role of publishers
* editors and the job market: career prospects
* and others
We encourage exploratory papers and posters.
The conference will be preceded by a day dedicated to workshops on:
* Publishing Models for Digital Scholarly Editions
* Aggregation of Digital Cultural Content and Metadata Mapping
* XML-Free Scholarly Editing
We invite proposals for papers and posters.
In the case of papers, speakers will be given 20 minutes for
presentation and 10 minutes for discussion.
We ask those interested in presenting a paper or poster to email their
proposal to dixit-info@xxxxxxxxxxxx.
The proposal should include:
* name and email of the presenter
* title of the paper
* abstract (ca. 400 words)
The deadline for submission is 16 October 2015. A decision about
acceptance and the subsequent notifications will be made in early
Information about registration for the convention and workshops will
Every announcement can be found on the DiXiT website:
On behalf of the Organization Committee
Dr. Franz Fischer
Cologne Center for eHumanities
Universität zu Köln, Universitätsstr. 22, D-50923 Köln
Telefon: +49 - (0)221 - 470 - 4056
Listeninformationen unter http://www.inetbib.de.