[InetBib] CfP: "Digital scholarship and knowledge management: building confidence in the digital"

Liebe Kolleginnen und Kollegen,

anliegend finden Sie den Call for Papers der Open Session der IFLA
Knowledge Management Section joint with IFLA Academic and Research
Libraries Section and IFLA Rare Books and Special Collections Section zu
dem Thema*: *"Digital scholarship and knowledge management: building
confidence in the digital world":

https://2018.ifla.org/cfp-calls/knowledge-management-with-academic-and-rare-books-section

Wir freuen uns über Einreichungen. Mit Fragen wenden Sie sich gerne an
Steffen Wawra (steffen.wawra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) <steffen.wawra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
oder an mich (andreas.degkwitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Mit besten Grüßen

Andreas Degkwitz und Steffen Wawra

*Open Session: IFLA Knowledge Management Section Joint with IFLA Academic
and Research Libraries Section and IFLA Rare Books and Special Collections
Section*

*Theme: "Digital scholarship and knowledge management: building confidence
in the digital world"*

The session will explore issues of trust in digital libraries, and the
impact of those issues on digital scholarship.  Knowledge management plays
a critical role for libraries and organizations seeking to establish
trustworthy digital repositories and to preserve reliable, verified content.

What can Digital scholarship and Knowledge Management do to make the future
open and diverse, based on genuine verified content?

The IFLA Knowledge Management (KM) Section provides an international
platform for professional communication and understanding of the
significance of KM for libraries. The Section of Academic and Research
Libraries (ARL) is the international forum for all concerned in this area.
The Rare Books and Special Collections Section (RBSC) provides a forum for
discussion and exchange of information on matters of particular concern to
rare book, manuscript, and special collections librarians.

Papers presenting innovative projects, experience, initiatives or services
with a strong collaborative cross-border or international dimension are
preferred. Papers should reflect the Access and Opportunity for All: How
Libraries contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda.
Sub-themes:

   - Restrictions of openness – how we are dealing with “problematic”
   content? What about “problematic” content and open data policies?
   - Whilst context has always been an important factor not only in TEL
   (technology-enhanced learning); it is of central importance in mobile
   learning – how can we enhance the better understanding of the context of
   digital objects?
   - We use information technology and tools to increase productivity of
   scholarship upon content in trusted digital archives – this
   “trustworthiness” of digital preservation archives is one of our basic
   values. But how we are dealing with unchecked content? Should we enlarge
   our cognitive “walls”?
   - Data sovereignty and the responsibility for the data rest with the
   archival institutions – but data sovereignty is always in the hands of the
   Author. When the Author asks us to delete objects, do we have to accept
   this?
   - Personal communications, privacy and data protection, access to and
   dissemination of information, are fundamental rights in modern democracies
   – what about the “right to be forgotten” in relation to our digital and
   analogue collections?
   - What about automatic indexing of content? We often don`t know the
   algorithm of our Search Engines but we offer the results – but it is
   important that what we are doing should be as clear and transparent as
   possible. We should do everything possible to preserve, enhance and
   strengthen confidence of our users and the whole society. Do we need
   algorithms for algorithms? What about Artificial Intelligence and
   self-learning neural networks?
   - Is the automatic indexing in conflict with scientific ethos, which
   demands that the intellectual creations should be transparent?
   - Libraries offer a wide range of licensed digital content – this
   electronic media competes with publicly available content. How can we
   provide quick and easy access to our licensed data?
   - Dark Web – should we explore, mine and surface this dark and hidden
   side of Web? Should we storage the content for current and next generations
   of scientists? How do we storage and offer illegal material and
   informations?
   - Which skills are requested for digital scholarship? What are the
   issues of training programs for librarians on the one hand and for
   researchers on the other hand?
   - How can trustworthy metadata be identified and preserved?
   - How could we be more transparent about metadata creation, because
   traditionally library-created metadata has been presented as impersonal and
   unattributed to individuals?
   - How do libraries use and respond to user-generated metadata and how
   can trust be developed in library-produced metadata by those who consider
   it unauthoritative, for instance disagreeing with its taxonomies?

Submission Guidelines

Proposal for the Open Session must be submitted by *2 February 2018* and
should clearly include:

   - Title of the proposed presentation,
   - Abstract of proposed paper, no more than 300 words, in English
   - Curriculum vitae of the author(s),
   - Contact details and professional affiliation(s).

The abstracts will be reviewed by Programme Committee members of Knowledge
Management Section <https://www.ifla.org/km> (KM), Academic and Research
Libraries Section <https://www.ifla.org/academic-and-research-libraries>
(ARL) and Rare Books and Special Collections Section
<https://www.ifla.org/rare-books-and-special-collections> (RBSC):

*Prof. Dr. Andreas Degkwitz*, Member of ARL Standing Committee, Co-Chair
for the Joint Session (andreas.degkwitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

*Dr. Steffen Wawra*, Corresponding Member of KM Standing Committee, Co-
Chair for the Joint Session (steffen.wawra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)

*Helen Vincent*, Chair of RBSC Standing Committee (H.Vincent@xxxxxx)

*Agnes Hajdu Barát*, Member of KM Standing Committee (
hajdu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

*Elizabeth Turner*, Member of KM Standing Committee (lizturner0304@xxxxxxxxx
)

*Xin Li*, Member of the ARL Standing Committee (xl49@xxxxxxxxxxx)

*Silvia Stasselová*, Member of the ARL Standing Committee (
silvia.stasselova@xxxxxxxxx)

*Selected presenters will be notified by 30 March 2018.*
Accepted papers

   - should be 3000-6000 words in length and be an original submission not
   published elsewhere,
   - must be submitted as formal papers for inclusion on the IFLA
   conference website by *1 June 2018*,
   - accepted papers and accompanying presentation slides must be submitted
   by the *1 July 2018*,
   - accepted papers should be submitted with a one-page abstract in
   English,
   - Final papers should be written in any of IFLA’s official languages,
   - the papers will be made available on the Conference website and
   eventually in the IFLA Library,
   - in accordance with IFLA’s Open Access Statement all papers that are
   presented at the WLIC 2018 should be available under a Creative Commons
   Attribution 4.0 license.

Presentation at the Conference

A maximum of 15 minutes will be allowed for the presentation of each paper
during the joint session. After the presentations of the 6 speakers a
30-minutes panel discussion will follow, which all speakers should
participate to. Although every effort will be made to provide simultaneous
interpretation into other IFLA languages, these facilities won’t be
available. From that speakers are requested to present their talks in
English and to use MS Power Point.
Submissions

All proposals must be in before *2 February 2018.*

*Please email your proposals to the co-chairs:*

*Prof. Andreas Degkwitz*
Email: andreas.degkwitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and

*Dr. Steffen Wawra*
Email: steffen.wawra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Please note

At least one of the paper’s authors must be* present* to deliver a summary
of the paper during the program in Malaysia. Abstracts should only be
submitted with the understanding that the expenses of attending the
conference will be the responsibility of the author(s)/presenter(s) of
accepted papers.

All papers that are presented at the WLIC 2018 will be made available
online via the IFLA Library <http://library.ifla.org/> under the Creative
Commons Attribution 4.0 license
<https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/>.

Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form
<http://forms.ifla.org/node/add/wlic-authors-permission-form>.

All expenses, including registration for the conference, travel,
accommodation etc., are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No
financial support can be provided by IFLA, but a special invitation letter
<https://2018.ifla.org/letter-of-invitation-visa-requirements>can be issued
to authors.