[InetBib] INTERLEND 2019 BELFAST - CALL FOR SPEAKERS

?CALL FOR SPEAKERS

The Forum for Interlending and Information Delivery (FIL) are delighted to
confirm that the only UK annual conference specifically for and about the world
of inter-library loans, Interlend 2019, will be held at the Hilton
Hotel<https://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/united-kingdom/hilton-belfast-BFSHITW/index.html?WT.mc_id=zELWAKN0EMEA1HI2DMH3LocalSearch4DGGenericx6BFSHITW>
 in Belfast, Northern Ireland, on the 24 - 25 June 2019.

Background:

As the premier UK inter-lending community conference, Interlend annually
attracts around 60-80 interlending staff from all levels of seniority with  a
large proportion of our delegates being inter-lending practitioners i.e.
library assistants rather than professional grades.  They come from all sectors
of the Library community, primarily UK based and with perhaps more from HE/FE
and Public Libraries than any other sectors.  Interlend is also renowned for
offering our delegates practical tips and guidance, as well as broadening their
understanding of the world of interlending and as such, we try to encourage all
our speakers and breakout session facilitators to keep this in mind.

The FIL committee now invites applications from the inter-lending community to
speak and/or run breakout sessions or workshop sessions.

Interlend 2019: Learning and Evolving Technologies

The theme for Interlend 2019 centres on learning and evolving technology's
effect on libraries and how they are used; but also on the changes affecting
interlending practices and behaviour and how we can meet expectations and
challenges in the future bearing in mind technical advances, the move to more
e-books, inclusive practices, collaborative innovations and reduced copyright
restrictions.

Presentation/workshop topics could cover:

·         Learning analytics and the role of libraries

·         Reader development

·         ILL innovations and trends

·         Interlending & Document Supply Service Reviews

·         Service Development/Practical solutions to everyday problems

·         The impact and implications of copyright law

·         Interlending tools and systems

·         Open access

·         Money Saving Initiatives

·         Meeting the needs of disabled users / Accessibility

·         International interlending

Breakout sessions are typically 45 minutes long and can be tailored to meet the
speaker's needs - either chalk-and-talk or workshop based.

Costs:

Speakers accepted at FIL events will be able to attend the conference free of
charge, along with one night's accommodation where required and all reasonable
travelling expenses.

Next steps:

Proposals should include:

  *   An abstract detailing your proposal (max. 800 words.) We will also
require a short description of your session (max. 50 words) which will be
displayed when delegates are choosing their parallel sessions.
  *   A 50 word speaker biography.
  *   Full Contact Details.

Proposals should be emailed to the Chair of FIL Jean Christopher
jean.christopher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:jean.christopher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> by
29th March 2019 after which point they will be reviewed by the Committee.  The
Chair will be in touch with all applicants after this date to confirm or
decline your proposal.  Submission of a proposal does not guarantee acceptance,
and the Committee's considered selection of proposals is final.  We regret that
due to time restrictions no correspondence over the decision will be entered
into.

If you'd like to informally discuss possible themes, topics or approaches for
your sessions please don't hesitate to get in touch with Jean Christopher
jean.christopher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:jean.christopher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
For more information about FIL, including how to join, please visit the FIL
website at
www.forumforinterlending.org.uk<http://www.forumforinterlending.org.uk/>

We look forward to discussing your ideas further.

Best wishes,

Matthias Werner

(On behalf of the FIL Committee)??

?