From: Lars Egeland
Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 12:57 PM
To: BIBLIOTEKNORGE@xxxxx<mailto:BIBLIOTEKNORGE@xxxxx>
Subject: Invitasjon til presentasjon og deltakelse på IFLA Special interest
group mid-term konferanse om bibliotek som publiserer 5-6.mars 2020

[cid:image001.png@01D5A522.3506D910]

IFLA Special Interest Group (SIG) on Library Publishing
2020 Midterm Meeting
Thursday March 5th - Friday March 6st 2020
Oslo Metropolitan University, Oslo, Norway
Call for Papers and Participation

THEME:  Connecting and Empowering Library Publishers: An International
Knowledge Exchange
Aim
Library publishing (including new-model university presses housed in libraries)
is a growing activity in many countries around the world. The IFLA SIG aims to
bring together experienced practitioners and would-be publishers to build
communities of practice, to share information, and advance this exciting field
of endeavor. New and emerging library publishers will gain insight into the
experiences and practices of established presses, and all attendees will learn
from new and innovative approaches. All the presentations and the ensuing
discussions will advance the excellence and sustainability of library
publishing ventures
The aim of the event is to bring together a broad spectrum of publishing
programs, to exchange knowledge, present good practice, and to foster networks
and mentoring relationships among library publishers at all stages, also
highlighting the important role that the Library Publishing
Coalition<https://librarypublishing.org/> and the IFLA SIG play in this regard.
The SIG meeting also invites participation by library schools and others
engaged in efforts to educate the next generation of library publishers.
Call for Presenters:

  *   We seek stories, case studies, experiences, research and programs that
present evidence of startup or successful approaches in library publishing
  *   We would like to hear about experiences with different technological
platforms and software for publishing
  *   We would like to hear about library publishing networks that you have
established or are involved in
  *   We are keen to hear about the impact of library publishing for research
and society – at your institution, but also nationally and globally
  *   We welcome proposals of presentation types including 25-minute
presentations, 10-minute lightning presentations, round table discussions, and
mini-workshops.
  *   We will consider the possibility of brief video clip submissions or live
Internet, from those who cannot participate in person.

Event Program
The program will structured over 1-1/2 days.
Pricing
The price includes two lunches, coffee and tea-breaks
Delegate Rate: €75
Speaker Rate:  €50
Student Rate:  €50
Submission Guidelines

  *   Title of proposed presentation
  *   Type of presentation
  *   Abstract of the proposal (no more than 300 words)
  *   Name(s) of presenter(s) plus position/s and/or title/s
  *   Language of presentation
  *   Employer/affiliated institution
  *   Contact information including email address, telephone number
  *   Short biographical statement of presenter(s) (no more than 100 words)

Please submit abstracts by 20 December 2019 as an attachment in MS Word to:
libpuboslo@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:libpuboslo@xxxxxxxxxx>

Draft program for the conference will be presented by January 17th, 2020
Updates will be posted to the Midterm website at:  https://blogg.hioa.no/ifla/

Lars Egeland
Direktør for Universitetsbiblioteket  OsloMet  - storbyuniversitetet
(tidligere Høgskolen i Oslo og Akershus)

Director for University Library OsloMet
– Oslo Metropolitan University

Dir +47 6723 51 10, mob. +47 9019 4838
http://www.hioa.no/LSB