[InetBib] ETD-Konferenz 2020: 16. - 18. November 2020 in Al Ain, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Liebe Kolleginnen und Kollegen,

auf o. g. Konferenz, zu der Sie anliegend weitere Informationen finden,
möchte ich Sie aufmerksam machen.

Herzliche Grüße

Andreas Degkwitz

16 - 18 November 2020

ETD2020

*https://edt2020.exordo.com* <https://edt2020.exordo.com/>

Join us for ETD2020 (Electronic Theses and Dissertations) Conference in
November 2020 in Al Ain, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Our theme, ‘Discovery, data, and dates’ is a reflection of our interest in
the enhancement of discovery of research through digital repositories,
access to data from around the world and how the Networked Digital
Libraries of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD) have contributed to research
over time, and a light-hearted reference to our location in the home of
research into date palms.

The conference will be held at the United Arab Emirates University campus
in the oasis city of Al Ain, within the Abu Dhabi Emirate of the UAE and we
look forward to welcome you as researchers, librarians, archivists, open
access advocates and industry representatives to this exotic location at a
time of the year when the weather is perfect!

*Dates:* 16-18 November 2020

*Location:* The state-of-the-art campus of the United Arab Emirates
University, Al Ain.

*First in the region*

NDLTD is an international organization dedicated to promoting the adoption,
creation, use, dissemination, and preservation of electronic theses and
dissertations (ETDs). We support electronic publishing and open access to
scholarship in order to enhance the sharing of knowledge worldwide.

See the web site *www.ndltd.org* <http://www.ndltd.org/> for details and
background of the NDLTD organisation which was established in 1998 and has
since held international conferences in the US, Europe, Oceana, Africa and
Asia.

ETD2019 was held in Porto, Portugal in November 2019. Previous conferences
have been held in Taiwan (2018), Washington DC, USA (2017), Lille, France
(ETD 2016), New Delhi, India (ETD 2015), Leicester, UK (ETD 2014), Hong
Kong (ETD 2013); Lima, Peru (ETD 2012); Cape Town, South Africa (ETD 2011);
Austin, Texas, USA (ETD 2010); Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA (ETD 2009);
Aberdeen, Scotland (ETD 2008); Uppsala, Sweden (ETD 2007) Quebec City,
Canada (ETD 2006), Sydney Australia (ETD 2005); Lexington, Kentucky, USA
(ETD 2004), and Berlin, Germany (ETD 2003).The first meeting was held in
Memphis, Tennessee, USA, in June 1998.

This conference, ETD2020 will be the first in the region, and we expect it
will attract many participants from all over the world and specifically the
Gulf region.

*Conference Themes: Discovery, Data, & Dates*

We invite papers and posters on topics addressing electronic resources in
research from managing print collections to e-collections in supporting
research:

   - Institutional repositories and platforms
   - Open Scholarship - Open Access - Open Science – policies, practices,
   use cases
   - Research Data management
   - Digital archives
   - Technical processes – scanning; PDF; OCR; Arabic language texts;
   format migration

*Submission Timeline*

Abstracts for proposed papers will be considered and upon acceptance
presenters will be invited to provide full papers for peer-review and
program development according to the following timetable:

*Call for papers*

1st December 2019

*Deadline for abstract submission *

February 1st, 2020

*Acceptance of abstracts*

February 15th, 2020

*Deadline for full-length papers*

May 15th, 2020

*Acceptance of papers*

June 15th, 2020

Conference program will include several invited keynote addresses,
workshops and submitted papers/presentations. All presenters, including
poster presenters will be invited to prepare and submit a final version for
publication online, subject to editorial and peer review before
publication.

*New journal*

The NDLTD Board has decided to launch a new journal to publish such papers
and related content. Selected papers of those submitted to the ETD2020 will
be considered for editing and inclusion in the new journal from 2020.

Please submit all abstracts (up to 350 words) in a word format providing
Author(s) Names and affiliations; Title; and relevant conference theme.

*Upload at* *https://edt2020.exordo.com* <https://edt2020.exordo.com/>

*Contact Details:*

+971-3-713 4412 <+971-3-713%204412>

ETD2020@xxxxxxxxxx

Professor Ramesh C. Gaur, Ph.D. Fulbright Scholar (Virginia Tech, USA)
Dean & Director (Lib&Inf.)
Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts (IGNCA) (Autonomous body of Ministry
of Culture, Government of India) 11 Man Singh Road, New Delhi-110001
Mob: 9810066244 Ph.(Off) 011-23388333
e-mail; (1) rcgaur66@xxxxxxxxx (2) gaur@xxxxxxxxxxxx,website:
www.ignca.gov.in
Profile: http://ignca.gov.in/PDF_data/profile_of_dr_ramesh_c_gaur.pdf