Re: tolerance and help

Mary Jo Rabe writes

> ...  The atmosphere in the Inetbib
> mailing list has been getting awfully mean-spirited
> lately.  This is unfortunate and discouraging.  Couldn't
> we all get back to tolerating each other's weaknesses and
> just trying to help each other as best we can?

I support this very much. On any mailing list these days you get lots of
stuff you don't care about and have no time to read anyway. So what you do is
delete it right away or filter it out where possible. Nobody is OBLIGED to
read any posting, let alone RESPOND to it. You do so at your own peril.
Think twice. At least.

regards
B.E.

Bernhard Eversberg
Universitaetsbibliothek, Postf. 3329,
D-38023 Braunschweig, Germany
Tel.  +49 531 391-5026 , -5011 , FAX  -5836
e-mail  B.Eversberg _at__ tu-bs.de