Re: LoC-Database

At 13:52 11.02.1997,Guenter Helmut Todt wrote:

>Wir nutzen seit geraumer Zeit mit gutem Erfolg die LoC-Datenbanken f=FCr=20
>bibliographische und Namensrecherchen (BTW: sehr empfehlenswert)
>
>Seit heute erhalten wir aber auf jede Anfrage die Antwort:
>"Your session has expired. Please reinitialize"
>
>"Reinitialize" ist gehighlighted, doch der Link fuehrt lediglich zum=20
>Eingangsbildschirm fuer die Z39.50 Schnittstelle zurueck, und ein erneute=
>s Aufschkagen=20
>des Suchformulars erbringt wie gehabt nach jeder neuen Suchanfrage die ob=
>ige=20
>Fehlermeldung.

Die Antwort finden Sie unter:
http://lcweb.loc.gov/z3950/mums.html

dort finden Sie folgenden Text:

LC Search Form -- Soft Reference
The software for this WWW/Z39.50 gateway is being upgraded from the CNIDR
ISITE Web-Z39.50 Gateway
version 1.02 to version 1.08. This more recent version of the CNIDR software
maintains a connection for several
minutes (of inactivity) with the target.
In terms of operation, it is important to note that the connection is
initialized BEFORE the search form is
displayed to the gateway user. Therefore, the link to the search form must
"carry" four pieces of information: 1)
action to be taken by the Web server, 2) the address of the search form, 3)
the Internet address of the Z39.50
server, and 4) the port number of the Z39.50 server at the given address.
This information MUST be passed to our Web Server before the connection can
be established. Therefore, the
user must either
1) begin all searches from the Z39.50 Gateway page,
OR
2) create a link to an LC search form from another Web server, but
formatting the link like the following one to
the LC Advanced Search Form
Please send questions to ldix _at__ loc.gov

Viel Erfolg!
 Roland Bertelmann

 Max-Planck-Institut fuer Bildungsforschung
 Bibliothek
 http://www.mpib-berlin.mpg.de/DOK/ehome.htm
 mail: roland _at__ mpib-berlin.mpg.de
 fon:  030/82406-227