Subers FOS Blog

Peter Subers Free Online Scholarship (FOS) Newsletter ist einigen hier
wohlbekannt. Durch das Ende seiner Freistellung ist Suber gezwungen,
sein Engagement zu reduzieren. Den Newsletter soll teilweise ein Weblog
ersetzen:

"The blog will differ from the Newsletter in several ways.  It will
publish
many voices, not just mine, which is a plus.  It will reside on the web
rather than arrive in your email box (although you can sign up for email
notification of updates).  Its entries will be short, emphasizing news
and
containing less interpretation and analysis than the Newsletter.  For
these
reasons, it won't replace the Newsletter.  And of course, the Newsletter
will still exist.

[...]

Blogs are wonderful structures adapting to many serious purposes.  While
I'm turning to the blog from necessity, I believe it has the potential
be more useful than the Newsletter at least in its coverage of the
news."

FOS News blog
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/fosblog.html

How to become a contributor to the blog
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/aboutblog.htm

If you're new to blogs, read Dan Gillmor's thoughts on why they are the
future of journalism, especially on tech subjects.
http://media.guardian.co.uk/mediaguardian/story/0,7558,718517,00.html

Klaus Graf