Fw: School librarian association

Weiterleitung der Nachricht durch M. Hexel an INETBIB:

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Monica Nilsson <villa.falken _at__ swipnet.se>
Datum: Dienstag, 23. Februar 1999 20:09
Betreff: School librarian association

Monica Nilsson
Villa Falken
Hamngatan 22
S-269 33  BÅSTAD
SWEDEN
(0)431-36 95 94
070-55 98 216
http:\\home.sverige.net/bengt.nilsson
e-mail:villa.falken _at__ swipnet.se

To all school librarians in Europe!

I am the IASL European Director calling! IASL is the International Association of School Librarianship. An independent association of personal, institutional and association members. The mission of the IASL is to provide an international forum for those peoplte interested in promoting effective school library programs as viable instuments in the educational process. IASL provides guidance and advice for the development of school library programs and the school library profession.  IASL want to advocate the development of school libraries throughout all countries and encourage the integration of school library programs into the instructional and curriculum development of the school. The association wants to foster a sense of community among school librarians in all parts of the world.

This year the IASL conferens is held in Alabama in USA. But the next year I have the privilege to inform you that the IASL conference year 2000 is to be held in Sweden! In the South of Sweden,  in Malmoe. We are very glad for this honour! And very glad to have the privilege to invite you all to this conference!

When I check the IASL members by region and country I find that most of the members are situated in America and Australia. In Europe we are not so many members! I think this is a pity! Can we not do something about it?

In Sweden we did not have an association for school librarians but now we have started one this year. So perhaps IASL soon will have some more members from Sweden.

It would be nice if we can find more members in Europe. Perhaps we could build up a IASL network of European school librarians. Perhaps in our region of the world we could go together an meet one another once a year? I think IASL is very important for promoting school library issues. In Europe we have a lot to learn from Australia, New Zealand, US and many more countries but also from each other here in Europe. So I hope we can try to find more school librarians who are interested to join IASL.

Apologies for my bad English.

Please contact me! I love to hear from you!

Regards

Monica