Betreff:  3d maps & models
Datum:  Tue, 20 Nov 2001 13:10:13 +0100
Von:  "Buni Rubin" <msbuni _at__ mscc.huji.ac.il>
An:  Bib-Hotline <Bib-Hotline _at__ fh-nuernberg.de>

November 20 2001

Dear Sir, Madame,

I am a professor at the Department of Geography, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel. We send this letter asking for help in gathering information about models and three dimensional maps of Israel (Palestine, the Holy Land etc.), Jerusalem, and its monuments.

Such models (including three dimensional maps, and other objects), representing the City of Jerusalem and its monuments (e.x. the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the Dome of the Rock etc.) were made and distributed all over Europe from the fifteenth or early sixteenth century and until today. Several such models have been studied by us in the past and we are engaged now in a large scale research projects which aims to collect information on as many more models as possible.

We are asking now for your help in locating such models, or evidence of any kind (documents, articles, books, photographs) about them. We will be grateful for any kind of information, reference etc. which is known to you or to the people in your institution.

Moreover, we will highly appreciate your help if you will distribute this letter among other libraries, museums and collections, which we might not know off.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Sincerely

Professor Rehav Rubin

Department of Geography

Hebrew University of Jerusalem