Re: [ERIL-L] DOAJ cataloguing records

Dear All,

> > I am interested if any library has catalogued electronic journals
> > that are available via DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
> > http://www.doaj.org

i also would appreciate to promote DOAJ (& the journals included in the
DOAJ) widely. Some ideas:

- we should inform libraries (& libraries should inform researchers)
about DOAJ & ask them to give the journals, included in DOAJ, a
prominent place in their catalogues or some additional stressing (for
example Don´s suggestion of distinguishing open access journals with
some sort of gif or text);

- DOAJ should provide some download stuff, so we at the universities
(libraries) will have a chance to promote DOAJ also offline (posters
etc.). For examples see http://www.plos.org/support/stuff.html or the
simple solution we provided at
http://qualitative-research.net/fqs/boai-e.html for the BOAI;

- include a link to DOAJ in your signature: as i am distributing
information to many mailing lists, this is a chance to bring DOAJ (& the
open access movement) also to researchers, who are not part of the open
access initiatives or discussions ...

All my best,
Katja

--

Katja Mruck
FQS - Forum Qualitative Sozialforschung

Please sign the Budapest Open Access Initiative:
http://www.soros.org/openaccess/

Directory of Open Access Journals:
http://www.doaj.org/

Open Access News: