useless, wrong, misleading books

The Impermanence of Knowledge

from
IEEE Spectrum Magazine, March 2004

Now when I visit libraries I'm suspicious. I love the ambiance and even the
smell, but I'm wary about those books. In the fields that I know, I see
books that are obsolete and even wrong. Unfortunately, this is most of the
books. I think that a librarian should go through and remove those decayed
books. Maybe they should put a little sticker on the shelf for a
placeholder. "The book that previously occupied this space, (name of book),
has been judged to have become useless, wrong, and misleading."

Robert Lucky

For the rest of that story see
http://www.boblucky.com/reflect/mar04.htm

zur Information an INETBIB von:
_______________________________________

Horst Kremers, Engineer, Computer Scientist
P.O. Box 20 05 48, D- 13515 Berlin
FAX +49 30 3728587
mobile +49 172 3017404
mailto:Horst_Kremers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx