Re: Open Access - UK

Zur Ergänzung noch einige Links.

For information

The House of Commons Science and Technology Committee report on its Inquiry
into scientific journal publishing is released today. It comes down in favour
of the open access, or 'author pays' model, arguing that, although
uncertainties remain, the government should make funds available for further
experimentation with the model, and that ministers should act to promote it
abroad. The traditional 'subscriber pays' system is criticised because the
increasing range and price of journals is making it more difficult for
university libraries to subscribe to the journals they require.

House of Commons Science and Technology Committee

20 July 2004 Tenth Report - Scientific Publications: Free for all?

Vol 1 Report HC 399-I (118pp)

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200304/cmselect/cmsctech/399/39902
.htm

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200304/cmselect/cmsctech/399/399.p
df

Volume 2: Oral and Written Evidence HC 399-II (487pp)

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200304/cmselect/cmsctech/399/399ii
.pdf

--
Harald Müller

Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public Law
and International Law / Library
Im Neuenheimer Feld 535; D-69120 Heidelberg
Phone: +49 6221 482 219; Fax: +49 6221 482 593
Mail: hmueller@xxxxxxx