[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[InetBib] Stellenausschreibung USA
- Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 12:14:24 -0500
- From: Dale Askey <daskey@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: [InetBib] Stellenausschreibung USA
Falls Fragen, stehe ich zur Verfügung.
Resource Linking Librarian: Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas
K-State Libraries (http://www.lib.ksu.edu) seeks applications for a
Resource Linking Librarian to maintain and develop the Libraries' SFX
link-resolving installation. Reporting to the Web Development Librarian
in the Integrated Access Group of the Digital Initiatives Department,
this position has primary responsibility for the Libraries' link
resolver, with focus on continually making new and improved
linking-driven services available to users. Beyond this, the Resource
Linking Librarian assists other staff with creating user-centered online
services across the spectrum. Serving the public via the reference desk
and instruction provides the critical perspective needed to create
effective services. Appointment will be made as assistant or associate
professor according to qualifications and level of experience. This is a
Core Position Duties
* Maintains the link resolver's public interfaces, including the
services menu, citation finder, and a-z journal lists.
* Seeks new places to implement the link resolver and constantly
monitors and tests the link resolver's performance in all areas.
* Acts as liaison to staff who manage the link resolver server and those
who input serials data into the knowledge base; primary liaison to link
* Creates documentation for and trains staff who work with the link
resolver; develops and maintains help pages for users.
* Identifies potential new content for the resolver's knowledge base,
adding it to the KB or reporting it to the vendor for possible inclusion.
* Contacts vendors on the Libraries' behalf to encourage them to adopt
the OpenURL standard for their products.
* Maintains the configuration file for EZproxy, adding new domains as
they are acquired.
* Assists the Integrated Access Group with usability testing and use
analysis for a variety of interfaces, including those generated by the
* Provides reference assistance (approx. 2 hours/wk) and participates in
the Libraries' instruction program.
* MLS from ALA-accredited institution or equivalent
* Minimum of one year experience working with an OpenURL link resolver
* Minimum of one year experience working in an academic library
* Strong commitment to user service and support and a broad
understanding of the information seeking behaviors of users
* Ability to pursue activities and meet responsibilities necessary for
achieving tenure at K-State Libraries
* Evidence of problem-solving skills
* Excellent oral and written English communication skills
* Experience with Ex Libris' SFX link resolver
* Demonstrated knowledge of standards, technologies, and techniques
relevant to digital libraries
* Experience creating and maintaining web sites including familiarity
with HTML, CSS and/or XSL, accessibility issues, and usability testing
* Familiarity with trends in scholarly publication, including open access
* Some knowledge of the serials acquisition process in academic libraries
* Experience with EZproxy configuration
Salary will be commensurate with experience and record of professional
contributions, but not less than $43,000/yr. Review of applications
begins May 26, 2006 and continues until the position is filled. Please
send a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for the
position, a curriculum vita, and contact information for three
references to: Janet Garner, K-State Libraries, 504 Hale Library,
Manhattan , KS 66506. Phone: 785-532-7400. Fax: 785-532-7415. E-mail:
About K-State and Manhattan
Kansas State University was founded February 16, 1863, as the first land
grant university in the nation created under the Morrill Act of 1862.
K-State became a comprehensive university in 1960 and offers more than
250 undergraduate majors, 113 master's and PhD programs, and 16
certificates. Over 23,000 students are enrolled at K-State, with
approximately 1,200 faculty members and 4,700 staff.
Manhattan is a small city that seems much larger in ways due to the
presence of both a major university and a large military base. Situated
in the Flint Hills region of Kansas, Manhattan offers a wide variety of
cultural, athletic, and outdoor activities, as well as a friendly and
inviting civic atmosphere.
Kansas State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer strongly committed to diversity. We value qualified candidates
who can bring to our community a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
Paid for by Kansas State University.
Web Development Librarian
118 Hale Library
Manhattan, KS 66506
Listeninformationen unter http://www.inetbib.de.