[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[InetBib] IFLA 2008 Call for papers
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 17:36:48 +0100
- From: "Jahns, Yvonne" <Y.Jahns@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: [InetBib] IFLA 2008 Call for papers
Liebe Kolleginnen und Kollegen,
wir möchten Sie auf folgenden Aufruf der IFLA-Sektion Klassifikation &
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
***Apologies for cross-posting***
World Library and Information Congress
74th IFLA General Conference and Council, 10-15 August 2008, Quebec, Canada
"Libraries without borders: Navigating towards global understanding"
CALL FOR PAPERS
Classification and Indexing Section
The IFLA Classification and Indexing Section will be hosting a two-hour session
at Quebec conference that will consist of the presentation of four papers.
Librarians, academics and other information professionals around the world are
invited to submit paper proposals for the open session on the theme
Classification and indexing without language borders.
Proposals should focus on one of the following areas:
* bi- or multi-lingual indexing
* mappings between heterogeneous indexing vocabularies
* linking of classifications and/or indexing languages
* translations of classifications
* classifications as mediators between scripts and languages
* subject interoperability
* multi-lingual searching in library catalogues
* international cooperation in subject authority control
If you are interested in contributing, please send
* an abstract of 300-500 words in English including a title
* an outline of the presentation
* brief biographical information of the author(s)/presenter(s) with
current employment information
* your mailing address
by January 15, 2008 to:
Mrs Yvonne Jahns
Coordinator of the Selection Committee
Fax: +49 341 2271 444
The submissions will be reviewed by a selection committee of the Classification
and Indexing Section Standing Committee. The selection will be based on the
abstracts and rated on how well they fit the programme theme. Authors will be
contacted by February 15, 2008.
For successful applicants the deadline for submission of full papers is April
15, 2008 to allow time for review of papers and preparation of translations.
The papers must be original submissions, not published elsewhere, and should be
no longer than 15 pages, double-spaced. Papers should be in one of the IFLA
languages with a version in English to allow for translation in other IFLA
Presentations at the conference will be limited to approx. 20 minutes at the
Section's open session and will be a summary of the original paper and may use
PowerPoint. We strongly recommend that the presentation slides are in English
because simultaneous interpretation is not guaranteed.
PLEASE NOTE that no financial support can be provided. The expenses of
attending the Québec conference will be the responsibility of the author(s) /
presenter(s) of accepted papers. For information on the IFLA Classification and
Indexing Section, please see http://www.ifla.org/VII/s29/index.htm.
Listeninformationen unter http://www.inetbib.de.