[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[InetBib] Stellenangebot The European Library / Europeana
- Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 13:41:29 +0200
- From: "Woldering, Britta" <B.Woldering@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: [InetBib] Stellenangebot The European Library / Europeana
Ich möchte Sie auf folgende Stellenausschreibung von The European Library und
Europeana aufmerksam machen
THE EUROPEAN LIBRARY & EUROPEANA OFFICES ARE LOOKING FOR:
Senior Developer to work on projects for The European Library and Europeana
Do you like implementation? Are you good at deadlines? Do you want to have a
greater say in the form and functionality of a product? Are you interested in
the cutting edge of technology and turning prototypes into operational
services? Are you a good communicator? Do you have expertise in the semantic
web or search engine deployment? Have you experience in the cultural sector?
Then come and work with this very international team.
The European Library and its associated organization the EDL Foundation, hosted
by the Koninklijke Bibliotheek in its Research and Development Department, have
received funding from the European Union to undertake several new projects.
The job requires the understanding and interpretation of the business and the
technical and semantic interoperability requirements from a broad range of
cultural heritage backgrounds. We are looking for an experienced developer, who
likes working in a team and in a fast paced environment. You should have some
systems knowledge and a desire to learn new things. You must be capable of
writing functional specifications and documenting your own work. You are likely
to have several of the competencies and a profile similar to that outlined
below but you are looking for a new challenge. Some travel will be necessary.
* Computer scientist, with 5-10 years of experience
* Java expert
* Good experience with indexing and search engines
* Good experience with retrieval and manipulation of large data sets
* Software engineering and information modelling skills
* Experience with Service-oriented architecture
* Technical coaching experience, working with junior developers
* Understanding of technologies related to digital libraries
* Understanding of business to technical requirements
* Problem Solving
* Able to play an active role in an international network and to get
relevant people involved
* Able to circulate information to persons with various degrees of
* Good oral and written skills in English language
* "Customer satisfaction" oriented
Terms and conditions of employment
According to the Labour Agreement <http://www.wvoi.nl/default.asp?cid=1> the
salary scale indicated for this job is 11, maximum of € 4270,- gross per month
on the basis of a 40 hour week. In addition you will be entitled to 42 days
holiday per year plus holiday pay and an annual bonus of 8 and 6.1%
respectively. Period of employment
Temporary appointment till 1 November 2010 for 40 hours a week based at the
Koninklijke Bibliotheek in The Hague, the Netherlands.
How to apply
For questions about the job please email Jills Cousins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Send your CV and application letter to KB mailbox
<mailto:solliciteren@xxxxx?Subject=Vacaturenummer%2008137> for the attention
of Ina Dijkstra with job number 2008137 in the subject line.
Dr. Britta Woldering
D-60322 Frankfurt am Main
Listeninformationen unter http://www.inetbib.de.