[InetBib] Bibliotheksstatistik für die Lobbyarbeit - ein IFLA-Workshop

Liebe Kolleginnen und Kollegen,

ich möchte Sie auf einen Workshop im Rahmen der IFLA-Tagung 2010 in Göteborg
aufmerksam machen:

----------------------------------
Library Statistics for Advocacy -
A Capacity Building Workshop for Librarians and Library Associations

If we want to put our libraries on the agenda, we need numbers, statistics and
evidence to prove our point and underline our
arguments - whenever we communicate with politicians, funding bodies or library
stakeholders.

If you work with (or are about to build) a library association,
if you are responsible for library statistics in your district or country,
if you work in a library agency or administration -
or if you just want to learn something about the power of numbers for your own
library -

this one-day workshop will help you to improve your skills and build up your
competences.

The workshop will cover the following questions:

§       Why should we study statistics?
§       Which aspects of library work should we focus on?
§       How can we collect reliable data?
§       How can we interpret the data we have?
§       How can we present the data to make our point?

Working methods include short presentations, discussions, case studies and
practical exercises in small groups.

There will be parallel workshops in groups of ca. 15 people. Languages available
will be English and Spanish. Please indicate your preferred languages during
registration.