[InetBib] Workshop: Exposition and reuse of multipart publications from living repositories - First results from the eco4r project

Dear all,
The project ?Exposing Complex Objects for Repositories“ focuses
intensely on compound objects. Its objective is to extend current
practices of describing those objects with respect to their visibility,
interoperability and long-term preservation.

Publication objects contained in the partners (hbz-NRW and the Bielefeld
University) repository environments (Fedora and OPUS) are a starting
point of these investigations. Draft recommendations and guidelines were
derived from a contextual analysis of these information units.

We would like to discuss our first results with experts, that are
familiar and experienced in one of the fields of modeling compound
objects, metadata standards and repository systems.

We are very pleased to invite you to attend the workshop which take
place on Nov. 11th and 12th 2010 at the Library Service Center in
Cologne (www.hbz-nrw.de)

The first draft of the Report on Enhancing Interoperability between
existing Open Access Publication Infrastructures
(http://www.eco4r.org/workshop2010/downloads/eco4r_report_compoundobjects_draft.pdf)
 and a preliminary workshop program
(http://www.eco4r.org/workshop2010/Programme-eco4r-Experts-workshop.pdf) are
now available for download.

You have also the possibility to subscribe to our mailing list at: