[InetBib] Third International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference

The Public Knowledge Project is pleased to announce that, in partnership
with the Freie Universität Berlin and Simon Fraser University Library,
the Third International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference will be held
from September 26 - 28, 2011 in Berlin, Germany.As someone who has
supported, or participated in, previous PKP initiatives or might be
interested in future endeavors, we would like to extend a personal
invitation to you to consider attending this event, or submitting a
presentation proposal.

This is the first time that the PKP Conference is being held outside of
Vancouver, Canada and is a timely way to acknowledge the growing,
international PKP user community.We are expecting a strong turnout of
between 350-400 opinion makers and leaders from around the world in the
utilization of open source software, adoption of alternate publishing
models, and the advancement of the open access movement. Given that the
landmark Budapest Open Access Initiative, launched in December 2001,
will be celebrating its first decade, the conference is inviting
explorations of the lessons learned, successes achieved, and setbacks
overcome in our shared attempts to increase and open access within
scholarly publishing.

More information, including the Call for Participation and Registration
form, is available on the conference website:

http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs/pkp/index.php/pkp2011/pkp2011

--
Prof. Dr. Rainer Kuhlen

--