Von: "Mick Fortune" <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
An: LIB-RFID-UK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "rfid lib"
<rfid_lib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, LIS-PUB-LIBS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
LIS-LINK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "LIS-UCR" <LIS-UCR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "LIS-PROFESSION"
<LIS-PROFESSION@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ifla-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2012 15:17:05
Betreff: [RFID_LIB] 2012 Library RFID Survey

Dear Colleagues (especially those in the USA)
(apologies for cross posting)

There are now just 5 days left to complete the 2012 Use of RFID in the library
survey. I’m delighted to have received so many replies and so much support from
organisations around the world.

Links to the survey have been posted on sites in Germany, the UK, Australia,
New Zealand, Egypt and even by IFLA (
http://www.ifla.org/en/news/2012-rfid-survey ).
Almost 400 libraries worldwide have answered the call - but sadly only 30 of
them are in the USA despite promotion by NISO’s director Todd Carpenter and
library guru Marshall Breeding (thank you both), not to mention the sterling
efforts of Lori Ayre – one of the survey’s co-promoters.
It is already very clear to me that the survey isn’t perfect! It was designed
by someone more familiar with how the technology has been implemented in Europe
- and from the replies I have already received it is apparent that different
markets have different ideas about how best to use it. So please forgive any
questions that don’t apply to you, and tell me (as many already have) how to
improve the survey for next time.

RFID has been used for self-service and security for many years now but things
are changing rapidly – with mobile devices, smartcards and even library
furniture becoming part of RFID world. If we are going to be able to make sense
of the changes – and manage them effectively – it will help us all to know
what’s going on globally. That’s the reason for the survey. Please consider
completing it – or if you already have – pass this message on to your
colleagues.
Follow this link for more information and a link to the survey -
http://www.mickfortune.com/RFID2012/2012-library-rfid-use-survey
or this one to jump straight in.. https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RFID2012

Thanks for your time and effort!

Mick