[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[InetBib] CfP: Wikipedia Academy 29.6.-1.7. in Berlin
- Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 11:23:19 +0100
- From: "Borst Timo" <T.Borst@xxxxxx>
- Subject: [InetBib] CfP: Wikipedia Academy 29.6.-1.7. in Berlin
Liebe Liste, anbei der Hinweis auf den CfP der diesjährigen Wikipedia Academy.
Viele Grüße, Timo Borst
2nd CALL FOR PAPERS - Wikipedia Academy 2012: Research and Free Knowledge.
June 29 - July 1, 2012 | Berlin, Germany
Conference Website: http://wikipedia-academy.de/2012/wiki/Main_Page
Submit your papers here: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wpac2012
The "Wikipedia Academy 2012: Research and Free Knowledge" provides a platform
for the research community and the Wikipedia community to connect, present,
discuss and advance research on Wikipedia in particular and on free knowledge
The Wikipedia Academy 2012 is organized by Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
in collaboration with the Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and
Society and Freie Universität Berlin. The conference will take place in Berlin,
29 June to 1 July 2012. The event will be open to all interested parties and
features a variety of session formats ranging from workshops, panel discussions
and tracks with traditional paper and poster presentations to break-out
sessions, lightning talks, speed geeking and a free culture brunch. We
particularly invite young doctoral and postdoctoral researcher to participate
and to submit extended abstracts.
For research paper and poster sessions, we would like to encourage the
submission of extended abstracts addressing issues in the overall nexus of
Wikipedia and free knowledge.
== Dates ==
* Submission of extended abstracts: 31 March 2012
* Notification of acceptance: 1 May 2012
* Submission of full papers: 1 June 2012
* Event: 29 June - 1 July 2012
== Topics of interest ==
Submissions are invited for the categories following below.
=== Research on Users of and Contributors to Wikipedia ===
* Diversity among users of and contributors to Wikipedia (e.g. gender gap)
* Influencing participation by adapting user interfaces in open collaborative
* Using information visualization as information instrument to users and
=== Wikipedia Global ===
* Relations and Differences between national Wikipedias
* Differences between and critique of free/open knowledge ideologies
* Regional studies of Wikipedia and free knowledge with global lessons
=== Sharing Cultures and Practices ===
* Sharing culture(s) in Wikipedia and other projects of commons-based peer
* Incentives, innovation and community dynamics in open collaborative peer
* Wiki theory and wiki practices
=== Economic and Regulatory Aspects of Free Knowledge ===
* Economic, regulatory and societal implications of (increased) access to free
* Different Modes of Governance: Emergence of Order and Coordination in
* The role of licensing decisions for Wikipedia and other collaborative forms
of knowledge production
=== Wikipedia Analytics ===
* Wikis and Wikipedia as a research tool
* Analyzing Wikipedia as a source of "Big Data"
* Assessing and measuring the quality of Wikipedia articles
== Submission Guidelines ==
Extended Abstracts must be submitted by the given deadline for peer review.
Conference language is English, exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis.
Submission entails a commitment that at least one author will attend the event
in the case of acceptance and deliver a full paper version prior to the event.
Also, authors grant the organizers the right to publish accepted papers in the
form of online proceedings or a similar format, to be determined at a later
stage. In addition, accepted submissions will be automatically licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license unless the authors explicitly
state in their submission that they wish to opt out of this licensing
agreement. We encourage authors to use said license in order to promote open
access to scholarly work although decisions to opt out will be respected and
will not influence the review process in any way. In any case, authors of
accepted submissions cannot opt out from the basic condition that they grant
the organizers the right to publish at least the extended abstract online.
Please submit your extended abstract (about 2-3 pages) in PDF, Open Document
Format (ODF) or plain text format at:
Note: You will need an easychair account to submit. You can create one on the
spot if you do not have one yet.
Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
Eisenacher Straße 2
Tel.: +49 30 219158260
Helfen Sie mit, dass WIKIPEDIA von der UNESCO als erstes digitales
Weltkulturerbe anerkannt wird. Unterzeichnen Sie die Online-Petition:
Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.
V. Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts Berlin-Charlottenburg unter
der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für
Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/681/51985.
Listeninformationen unter http://www.inetbib.de.