[InetBib] Stellenangebot, London

Acquisitions Librarian

Full-time, Permanent Post based in Central London

Salary: £22,000

The Wiener Library is the world's oldest Holocaust archive and the home of
Britain's largest collection of published and unpublished works, documents and
photographs relating to the Nazi era.  We are seeking an Acquisitions Librarian
to join the team in a permanent post. For someone with an interest in modern
history this is an opportunity to help develop Britain's foremost collection of
books and pamphlet regarding the Holocaust, it's causes and consequences. As we
are a small organisation we are looking for someone who is a good team player
willing to be involved in other projects as necessary.

Main Duties and Responsibilities

The priority task is to manage acquisitions of books including:

·     Buying and accessioning new books; both new and second-hand titles.

·     Managing the book budget

·     Evaluating and accessioning book donations to the Library.

·     Monitoring and evaluating acquisitions by compiling statistical reports.

·     Reader services.

·     Other duties and projects as may be assigned.

For more deatisl check our website and for an informal talk about this
position, please contact Kat Hübschmann, Senior Librarian, on 020 7636 7247 or
khubschmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

How to Apply

Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience to:
Jade Miles-Harrison

The closing date for applications is Friday 26 April 2013. Applications must be
received by 5.30pm.

Katharina Hubschmann

Senior Librarian

The Wiener Library for the Study of the Holocaust and Genocide

29 Russell Square, London WC1B 5DP

Tel: 020 7636 7247
Fax: 020 7436 6428
www.wienerlibrary.co.uk <http://www.wienerlibrary.co.uk/>