[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[InetBib] Deadline extension for SWIB13 (Semantic Web in Libraries) to 9.6.2013
- Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 09:13:20 +0200
- From: "Adrian Pohl" <pohl@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [InetBib] Deadline extension for SWIB13 (Semantic Web in Libraries) to 9.6.2013
The submission deadline for the fifth conference "Semantic Web in Libraries"
(SWIB), 25.-27.11.2013 in Hamburg, has been extended to June 9, 2013. The call
for proposals here once again:
Call for Proposals: SWIB13 - Semantic Web in Libraries Conference ("Semantic
Web in Bibliotheken"), 25.11. - 27.11.2013, Hamburg
Linked Open Data (LOD) has become a widespread method for the publication and
management of data on the web. Many libraries and related institutions have
already run projects or launched products that comply with the LOD paradigm.
New projects, services and tools are emerging continuously.
The SWIB conference aims to provide substantial information on LOD developments
relevant to the library world and to forster the exchange of ideas and
experiences among practicioners. SWIB encourages thinking outside the box by
involving participants and speakers from other domains, such as scholarly
communications, museums and archives, or the publishing and news industry.
As in the years before, SWIB13 will be organized by the North Rhine-Westphalian
Library Service Centre (hbz) and the ZBW - German National Library of Economics
/ Leibniz Information Centre for Economics. The conference language is English.
Is there an interesting service, research topic or project that you would like
to present at the conference? Or, can you offer giving a tutorial or a workshop
on the afternoon of 25 November? We appreciate proposals on the following or
Projects & Applications
* publication & consumption of linked data
* integration of LOD into productive library applications
* authorities and knowledge organization systems (thesauri, classifications,
* mash-ups (using data from different sources)
* crowdsourcing approaches
Technology (focus on Open Source software)
* semantically enhanced data publication
* data integration/enhancement/mapping
* searching/information retrieval
* linked data in library systems
Standards & Best Practices
* Bibframe, DAIA & other library specific open standards
* provenance information
* providing updates & syncing data sources
* open data licensing
We are looking forward to receiving your proposals by *26 May 2013*.
Please include an abstract of 1000-1500 characters and submit your abstract
using our website at http://swib.org.
Listeninformationen unter http://www.inetbib.de.