[InetBib] OCLC EMEA Regional Council Meeting 2014 versandt durch SUB Göttingen

[emearc_smaller.jpg]
Dear INETBIB,
Registration to the OCLC EMEA Regional Council Meeting
2014<http://www.oclc.org/en-europe/events/EMEARC.html> in Cape Town is now open.
Join us on a journey into the future of libraries, in a city whose charms, even
the majestic Table Mountain cannot overshadow.  On 24 and 25 February 2014,
librarians from nearly 30 countries are expected to attend for two full days of
thought leadership and lively discussion, focussing on the twinned roles of
collaboration and innovation in today's global library community.  And, the
event is free to attend.
On behalf of OCLC EMEA Regional Council, we welcome you to beautiful Cape Town
in 2014.
Robert Moropa
Chair, OCLC EMEA Regional Council
Five great reasons why you should attend:

1.       Described by Spectator Magazine as "the wizard of the web", our
opening keynote speaker is Charles Leadbeater, an influential technologist and
policy advisor, whose video We-Think has attracted more than 300,000 views on
YouTube.  Charles will preview some key thinking from his forthcoming title The
Frugal Innovator, and apply it directly to the world of libraries.

2.       We will be joined at the Meeting for the first time, by the new
President and CEO of OCLC, Skip Prichard.  Skip will also keynote, reflecting
on OCLC's history before looking towards what the future will hold under his
leadership.  There will be multiple opportunities throughout the two days for
members to meet and engage with OCLC leadership, who make it their priority to
be at these Meetings.

3.       This year the Meeting will be bigger than ever before, with a full
two-day programme, packed with breakout talks as well as keynote sessions.  The
EMEA Regional Council Executive Committee, set itself the challenge from the
very beginning to run a Meeting that was by members, for members.  And now, at
our fifth gathering, we can see that mission being realised.  More librarians
than ever, will be talking about innovation, collaboration and how their
communities are working together with OCLC to achieve great things.  And OCLC
will provide insight into its strategic direction, research and advocacy
programs.

4.       The programme also contains ample opportunity for you to find out what
is going on with WorldShare Management Services, as well as our other
cooperative services.  Since the last OCLC EMEA Regional Council Meeting, more
libraries have joined and want to share their experiences with the community.

5.       Last but not least, the Meeting offers an unmissable programme of
enrichment visits to expand awareness and knowledge of the international
cultural landscape.  Conference participants can join us on a trip to Robben
Island, where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for twenty-seven years, and which
is now a national heritage site.  The University of Cape Town will be welcoming
us for an evening tour of the campus and library followed by a reception, and
delegates can also visit The Centre for the Book, an outreach unit of the
National Library of South Africa.  We've also planned a full-day excursion to
both Stellenbosch University and the nearby Delheim Wine Farm.  All of these
excursions are optional extras to the Meeting, and are going to be booked on a
first come, first served basis, with restrictions on numbers, so early
registration is a must!

--
Assistance and Secretariat

Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen
Goettingen State and University Library
Platz der Goettinger Sieben 1
D-37070 Goettingen
Platz der Göttinger Sieben 1 (Zentralbibliothek, Room 3.08)
+49 551 39-14494 / +49 551 39-5212 (Tel.)
+49 551 39 5222 (Fax)
sekretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:sekretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de<http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/>

--