[InetBib] Stellenausschreibung des Max Planck Instituts Luxembourg

Dear Madam or Sir,

In order to support the implementation of our RFID system, the library of the
Max Planck Institute Luxembourg for International, European and Regulatory
Procedural Law is currently seeking a creative and energetic project
coordinator (m/f) for a period of one year, starting in July 2014.

You will find hereafter the profile for the position.

The position:

As a project coordinator, you will take active part in the implementation of
the new RFID self-check system provided by Kno-Tech Company. As all books and
journals of the collection (currently about 15,000) will be processed, together
with the new acquisitions, you will be expected to:

- Process books in the application, dealing with RFID tags and security
protection;
- Process book records in Aleph by adding some metadata;
- Train and coordinate students to process all books with RFID tags;
- Contribute to the development of the electronic collection by scanning and
cataloguing library materials;
- Collaborate closely with our IT department in the implementation and
development of the system;
- Execute other library tasks such as supporting user requests for books,
articles and other publications and inform on how to use the collection;
- Support on administrative duties when required.

Your profile:

- You hold a Master or Bachelor degree in Library or Information Sciences;
- You have a strong background in Law (you hold a Master or Bachelor degree in
Law) and/or you have a proven experience in a law library;
- You have experience with an integrated library system and especially with a
RFID system;
- You can work both independently and as part of a team;
- You enjoy working in an international environment;
- You are fluent in English - any other language being an additional asset.

If you are interested in joining our Institute, please apply online on our
website:
http://www.mpi.lu/available-positions

Kind regards,

Max Planck Institute Luxembourg