[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[InetBib] WG: Stellenausschreibung: Bibliographic Metadata Manager / Springer-Verlag
- Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 13:43:41 +0000
- From: "Boeing, Volker, Springer DE" <Volker.Boeing@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [InetBib] WG: Stellenausschreibung: Bibliographic Metadata Manager / Springer-Verlag
Bibliographic Metadata Manager (m/f)
The Bibliographic Metadata Manager will be a customer-facing technical
resource, who will work closely together with Sales teams in all ROW offices in
order to support customers in using and implementing Springer metadata (e. g.
MARC and ONIX records).
One of the main tasks is to define and organize all processes which are
necessary for the creation, delivery and communication of metadata to libraries
in the ROW market, including a structured feedback mechanism in order to ensure
input from these markets in Springer's metadata development plans. The further
development of standards in the metadata field in the local library community
is another key task. Intense communication with libraries and regular personal
visits in EMEA and Asian key markets will be required to improve cooperation
with the libraries and to service them in using Springer's metadata.
Interdepartmental metadata project management will strengthen the connection
into the various in-house units. Development of Linked Data and Semantic Web
activities as well as rights metadata management will complete the position.
* Master Degree in Library and Information Science or similar degree
* extensive experience in an academic library or in the library/academic
* excellent understanding of metadata processes
* broad knowledge of online products, contents and workflows
* experience in process optimization
* excellent knowledge of the English language
* familiarity with IT processes
* project management skills
* excellent communication and organizational skills
* flexibility and dedicated commitment to your tasks
* pro-active approach
* willing to travel internationally
Employees in Germany are requested to send their application to
Listeninformationen unter http://www.inetbib.de.