[InetBib] Call for Participation: Workshop on Knowledge Maps and Information Retrieval (KMIR) at DL 2014

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Knowledge Maps and Information Retrieval (KMIR)
Workshop at Digital Libraries 2014

11th September 2014, London, UK

Workshop page:  http://www.gesis.org/en/events/conferences/kmir2014/
Conference page: http://www.dl2014.org<http://www.dl2014.org/>

We are pleased to announce the upcoming halfday workshop on Knowledge Maps and
Information Retrieval (KMIR), to be held as part of the International
Conference on Digital Libraries 2014 - ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital
Libraries (JCDL 2014) and International Conference on Theory and Practice of
Digital Libraries (TPDL 2014), London, 8th-12th September 2014
(http://www.dl2014.org<http://www.dl2014.org/>/).

Abstract: Knowledge maps are promising tools for visualizing the structure of
large-scale information spaces, but still far away from being applicable for
searching. The workshop aims at bringing together experts in IR and knowledge
mapping in order to discuss the potential of interactive knowledge maps for
information seeking purposes.
We now have a very good program together for the KMIR workshop. Consult the
workshop page (see above) for the preliminary program.

If you will attend the workshop, don't forget to register for workshops at die
DL2014 registration page. In addition, please notify me (CC to my secretary
julia.achenbach@xxxxxxxx<mailto:julia.achenbach@xxxxxxxx>) about your
attendance.

Kind regards,
Peter Mutschke
--
Acting Head of Department
Dep. Knowledge Technologies for the Social Sciences