[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[InetBib] Neo Ubimedia MindTrek Award - 31st August 2014 - THE competition for pervasive/ubiquitous/ambient 'minded'...
- Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 23:40:53 +0300 (EEST)
- From: Artur Lugmayr <artur.lugmayr@xxxxxx>
- Subject: [InetBib] Neo Ubimedia MindTrek Award - 31st August 2014 - THE competition for pervasive/ubiquitous/ambient 'minded'...
NEO UBIMEDIA MINDTREK AWARD 2014
CALL FOR COMPETITION ENTRIES
THE award for the pervasive, ubiqutious, and ambient intelligent community
Award submission DEADLINE: 31st August 2014
4th-6th November, Tampere Finland
Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/numa.award/
In cooperation with MindTrek Association, Internatinal Ambient Media
and the AIS SIG-eMedia
NUMA 2014 - THE award for pervasive, ubiquitous, ambient technologies, media,
services, user experience, concepts, and applications. We refurbished the
competition for 2014 after having received over 220 competition entries over
the past seven years. We want to integrate all the latest trends in the world
of smart media, as we want to see incredible re-interpretations of the original
notion of ubimedia, pervasive media, and ambient media. Any new fresh idea is
welcome in this area! The vision of ubimedia today spreads in smart city
concepts, smart cards, and smart phones - and starts to become mainstream -
there are still many more exciting, seamless, and unobtrusive experiences that
need to be discovered. We still seek for cutting edge tech innovations, and
look for makers that single-handedly engineer fascinating new ubimedia services
and devices on a shoestring budget. We welcome all ubimedia masterminds,
pervasive computation enthusiasts, and ambient intelligent researchers to
participate in writing the next chapter for the most innovative, inspiring, and
sometimes slightly mad competition in ubimedia's history and seek projects,
applications, services, technological solutions, concepts, or new media
environment as competition entry. Note, there will be also a price sum giving
to the very best three entries.
Possible themes, topics, and areas where your application could contribute to:
- smart environments (smart cars, smart houses, smart devices, smart cities)
- cyber, social, and physical computing
- human computer interaction in the era of ubiquitous computation
- smart robots, interaction with robots, and robotic applications
- new interaction devices (Google glasses, Pebble, ?)
- big data concepts for pervasive computation
- the ?quantified? self and the digital human
- sensor data, context awareness, and intelligence
- mobile phone applications, NFC technologies, and embedded systems (e.g.
- wearable technologies, smart watches, smart glasses, and smart gadgets
- cyber physical systems (CPS)
- urban informatics and smart transportation
- security and safety of environments
- smart saving of energy, and sustainable environments
- production and industrial applications that are smart
- information systems and management in smart environments
- entertainment applications (e.g. pervasive games, ambient television, ...)
- artisic works, apps, and creative designs
- ergonomics, human-computer interaction designs, and consumer experience
- software, hardware, and middleware frameworks
NUMA is looking for your bold, irritating and mind-opening ideas, no matter if
you are a student, seasoned researcher, entrepreneur or artist. Whether thesis,
project or product - our only condition is: you must be able to demo it,
otherwise you are out! You will have to prove your idea with a working
prototype, and if you are nominated you will need to demonstrate your work
during MindTrek. As we are a cross-disciplinary competition, we created the
following categories, to cope with all the latest trends:
- ?NUMA-TEC? - You have been pushing the boundaries of sensors and ubiquitous
computing or invented some incredible new pervasive hardware? This award
focuses on advances in ?Technology?.
- ?NUMA-KERS? - You have mastered the odds of physical computing and rapid
prototyping and want to expose your devices beyond the maker community? This
award focuses on the community of ?Makers?.
- ?NUMA-UX? - You are an interaction, experience designer, or artist and have
gone where no content has been seen before? This award focuses on the
- ?NUMA-CONTENT? - You are a content creator, application developer, designer,
artist, game designer, or new media developer? This award focuses on new
ambient, ubiquitous, and pervasive content.
NUMA 2014 gives all of you the chance to show your work to an interdisciplinary
international jury and win a the award! Winners will also be invited to become
part of the great MindTrek 2014 event and community with travel costs covered.
To submit your entry, please go to http://www.numa.fi
(http://www.numa.fi/call-open). If you would like to get more information or
have questions, please send your email to: chairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subscribe to
our email list on: http://lists.numa.fi/mailman/listinfo/numa.
The competition is organized in cooperation with the MindTrek Association
(http://www.mindtrek.org) and the International Ambient Media Association
(iAMEA) (http://www.ambientmediaassociation.org), the AIS SIG-eMedia
(http://aisnet.org/group/SIG-eMedia) and part of the MindTrek Festival. The
chairs of the competition are Artur Lugmayr, Tampere Univ. of Technology (TUT),
FINLAND; Bjoern Stockleben, Univ. of Applied Sciences Magdeburg-Stendal,
GERMANY; and Timothy Merritt, Aarhus School of Architecture, DENMARK.
Website: http://www.numa.fi (http://www.numa.fi/call-open)
Contact Email: chairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
EMAIL List: http://lists.numa.fi/mailman/listinfo/numa
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/numa.award/
Listeninformationen unter http://www.inetbib.de.