[InetBib] Reminder: CfP for #WebSci15 workshop "#FAIL! Things that didn't work out in social media research - and what we can learn from them"

 Submit yourextended abstract until May 16,
2015!  ====================================================                                      #FAIL!
 Things thatdidn't work out in social media research –              and what we
can learn from them                1st #FAIL! workshop (#fail2015a)  Held at
Web Science Conference 2015 (#websci15)                               June29,
2015                                 Oxford,
UK           http://failworkshops.wordpress.com/                                            ==================================================== -------------------THEME:Things
 that didn't work out in social media research - and what we can learnfrom
them-------------------Have youever tried approaches in social media research
that did not quite work out? Nowis the time to share these experiences! We
wouldlike everyone to submit their individual stories of "failed"
researchapproaches in the field of studying social media and social media
users. We arelooking for examples from all phases of the research process (e.g.
datacollection, data processing, data analysis, data sharing, also including
administrativetasks, research ethics and legal challenges) that did not work
out as expected.Presentedcase studies should help other researchers in the
field to advance researchmethodology by identifying unsuccessful approaches and
to inspire discussionson alternative solutions.
----------------IMPORTANTDATES----------------Submissiondeadline: May 16, 2015
(23:59 Hawaii time – no extension) Notification:May 26, 2015 Camera-ready:June
20, 2015 Workshopdate: June 29, 2015 WebSci15Conference dates: June 28 to July
1, 2015 Early birdregistration for WebSci15: May 28,
2015 ------------SUBMISSIONS------------Submissionsshould be extended abstracts
of 1,000 to 2,000 words. Submissionswill be made via EasyChair:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=fail2015a Please seethe workshop
website for details on how to prepare and submit your proposal:
https://failworkshops.wordpress.com/fail-workshop-at-websci15/cfp/ ------------------------------WORKSHOPSTRUCTURE
 AT WEBSCI15------------------------------The threehours workshop at WebSci15
will consist of short presentations of about 15minutes, followed by 15 minutes
of discussions. In thediscussions we aim at collaboratively searching for
alternative solutions forthe presented
problems. ---------------------OVERALLORGANISATION---------------------We are
planningto organize additional #FAIL! workshops at other conferences in the
future. Inthis way, we want to help to connect the different communities
engaged instudying social media. A second workshop has been accepted at
Internet Research(#IR16) in October in Phoenix, Arizona. Watch out the workshop
website forupdates on upcoming events.
-----------ORGANISERS-----------KatrinWeller, GESIS Leibniz Institute for the
Social Sciences, Germany (@kwelle, katrin.weller@xxxxxxxxx)Luca Rossi,IT
University of Copenhagen, Denmark (@lr, lucr@xxxxxx)TahaYasseri, University of