[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[InetBib] Deadline extended: 14th European Networked Knowledge Organization Systems (NKOS) Workshop at TPDL 2015
- Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 12:00:35 +0000
- From: "Mayr-Schlegel, Philipp" <Philipp.Mayr-Schlegel@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [InetBib] Deadline extended: 14th European Networked Knowledge Organization Systems (NKOS) Workshop at TPDL 2015
Deadline extended: 14th European Networked Knowledge Organization Systems
(NKOS) Workshop at TPDL 2015
Call for Presentations and Demos
The 14th European NKOS workshop will take place on Friday 18th September 2015
as part of TPDL 2015 in Poznan, Poland.
Submission deadline extended: Sunday, 19th July 2015
Notification of acceptance: Monday, 3rd August 2015
Proposals are invited for the following:
a) Presentations (typically 20 minutes plus discussion time, potentially longer
if warranted) on work related to the themes of the workshop (see below). An
option for a short 5 minute project report presentation is also possible.
b) Demos on work related to the themes of the workshop (see below).
Please email proposals (maximum 1000 words for presentations and 500 words for
demos, including aims, methods, main findings and underlying work, relevance to
themes of workshop) to Douglas Tudhope (douglas.tudhope at southwales.ac.uk).
Proposals will be peer-reviewed by the program committee. At least one
presentation author needs to register for the workshop (this is a strict
After the workshop, copies of presentations will be made available on the
workshop website. Presentations from the workshop may be encouraged to be
submitted as extended papers for peer reviewed journal publication.
Themes for the 14th NKOS workshop will be:
1) KOS Alignment. KOS alignment or terminology mapping plays a vital role in
NKOS for many years and fits very well to the general theme "Connecting Digital
Collections" of TPDL 2015. This year we want to sort out the needs (use cases)
of KOS alignments in the new environment of Linked Open Data. We plan to
collect methodologies, best practices, guidelines and tools. This includes
manual and automatic alignments.
2) KOS Linked Open Data. Recent years have seen an increasing trend to
publication of KOS as Linked Data vocabularies. We need discussion of practical
initiatives to link between congruent vocabularies and provide effective web
services and APIs so that applications can build upon them.
3) Applications of KOS systems in relation to 'Big data' - natural language
processing and semantic analysis of content pose huge challenges.
Further presentations/demonstrations will be selected from current KOS
4) KOS-based recommender systems for suggestion of meaningful concepts.
5) KOS in e-Research metadata contexts - intersection between research data,
KOS, Semantic web.
6) Social tagging. What is the role of social tagging and informal knowledge
7) Users interaction with KOS in the online environment.
8) Quality issues in web-based KOS. Issues concerning large metadata sets.
9) KOS and (e)learning.
10) Multilingual and Interdisciplinary KOS applications and tools.
11) Specific domains, such as environmental, medical, new application contexts,
More information on the workshop can be found under
We hope to see you in Poznan, Poland.
NKOS workshop organizing committee
Search the Social Sciences
Become a sowiport user! Register here:
Dr. Philipp Mayr
GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences
Unter Sachsenhausen 6-8, D-50667 Köln, Germany
Tel: + 49 (0) 221 / 476 94 -533
SSOAR fulltext repository
Listeninformationen unter http://www.inetbib.de.