[InetBib] Researcher position in the field of Information Retrieval, GESIS Cologne, apply until 14. November 2016

Research Associate in the field of Information Retrieval

Please apply until 14. November 2016

In the DFG-funded project "User Guidance and System Tuning for Search Sessions
(AMUR)" we develop together with our project partner Universität Duisburg-Essen
(working group Prof. Norbert Fuhr) user guidance systems and recommendation
modules to support information retrieval and seeking in large digital libraries.

For the department WTS at our location in Cologne, we are looking for a

Research Associate (f/m) in the field of Information Retrieval
(salary group TV-L EG 13, 75%, limited to a max. of 15 months)

starting on January 01, 2017.

Your tasks will be:
*             Analysis of retrieval sessions,
*             Development of user guidance modules on the basis of search
histories and simulated search sessions,
*             Modeling of user interaction sequences,
*             Implementation of methods to optimize the system performance
(effective retrieval sessions),
*             Implementation of ranking optimizations in large document
collections and
*             Evaluation and publication of project results.

Your profile:
*             Excellent university degree in computer science or comparable
field,
*             Solid experience in software development in Java, Web- and
XML-technologies, data-base and search technologies,
*             Very good knowledge and experience in information retrieval
techniques and recent search engine technologies (e.g. SOLR) and with digital
libraries,
*             Knowledge in formal models of usage data desired,
*             Knowledge in the development of portal and discovery systems
desired,
*             Already started dissertation project in the field of the project
desired and
*             High degree of problem solving skills and distinct communication
skills and team capabilities.

GESIS guarantees that guidelines regarding employment laws for the disabled and
handicapped as well as laws and regulations governing part-time employment will
be observed. GESIS promotes the professional equality for women and men and is
certified by the European work & family audit.

For further information concerning job description please contact Dr. Philipp
Mayr under telephone +49 (0)221-47694-533 or via Email
philipp.mayr@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:philipp.mayr@xxxxxxxxx>.

We only process online applications. Please apply until 14. November 2016
<http://www.gesis.org/en/institute/jobs-at-gesis/job-details/news/detail/News/research-associate-fm-in-the-field-of-information-retrieval-salary-group-tv-l-eg-13-75-limite/>

--
Dr. Philipp Mayr
Team Leader

GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences
Unter Sachsenhausen 6-8,  D-50667 Köln, Germany
Tel: + 49 (0) 221 / 476 94 -533
Email: philipp.mayr@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:philipp.mayr@xxxxxxxxx>
Web: http://www.gesis.org

Become a sowiport user! Register here: