[InetBib] New blogpost about subject classification in re3data / Gateways 2021 Working Session

Dear colleagues,

When searching for a suitable research data repository, one of the most important pieces of information is the subject area(s) covered by the repository. The re3data Metadata Schema [1] reflects this priority by requiring the element subject for all indexed repositories. However, describing the disciplinary focus of research data repositories is not an easy task.

We therefore created a blogpost to share with you our analysis of the status quo of subject classification in re3data. Take a glimpse behind the scenes and learn more about about how subjects are assigned in re3data and ways forward:

https://coref.project.re3data.org/blog/reviewing-the-subject-classification-in-re3data

For more general information about the re3data service [2] and re3data COREF project [3], join our Working Session "Introducing re3data – the Registry of Research Data Repositories" at the Gateways 2021 conference this Thursday [4]. The abstract can already be found on Zenodo [5]. Participation in the conference is free of charge.

Best wishes from the re3data COREF project
Nina Weisweiler

// Apologies for any cross-posting of this message. //

[1] https://doi.org/10.48440/re3.010

[2] https://www.re3data.org/

[3] https://coref.project.re3data.org/project

[4] https://sciencegateways.org/web/gateways2021/program/schedule

[5] https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.5570662

--
Nina Weisweiler

Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft | Helmholtz Association
Helmholtz Open Science Office

Tel: + 49 (0) 331-288 28989
E-Mail: nina.weisweiler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: https://os.helmholtz.de
Twitter: @helmholtz_os

c/o Helmholtz-Zentrum Potsdam Deutsches GeoForschungsZentrum GFZ

Telegrafenberg, 14473 Potsdam