[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[InetBib] Reminder_Call for papers _Library Collections: New Approaches to a Key Asset
- Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 16:28:04 +0200
- From: Patrick Urru via InetBib <inetbib@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [InetBib] Reminder_Call for papers _Library Collections: New Approaches to a Key Asset
The Trentino-South Tyrol section of the Italian Library Association, with
the support of the Lifelong Learning, Libraries and Audiovisuals Office,
invites proposals for individual presentations for its conference:
“Library Collections: New Approaches to a Key Asset”
The conference will take place on *Friday 21 October 2022* at the Eurac
Research Centre in Bolzano (Italy). Depending on the pandemic situation,
the event may also be held in a hybrid format (in-person and online).
Collections are usually considered the most important aspect of a library.
It is of the utmost importance to develop new approaches and library
management models, to increase the attractiveness of collections and to
appeal the readership. To achieve this goal, a productive partnership
between libraries, the whole publishing ecosystem and other disciplinary
domains is essential.
This conference aims to explore how the approach to collection development
and management is changing. Collections still are a strategic and
distinctive asset for all kinds of libraries, and they play a crucial role
in ensuring a growing cultural, educational, social, and economic impact on
individuals and communities.
The organizers invite scholars, librarians and other stakeholders of the
book supply chain to submit proposals related to the following topics:
- Collections in current Library and Information Science literature
(relevance and trends);
- The role of collections in modern libraries as well as in their strategic
- Evaluative and programmatic culture applied to library collections
(quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods adapted to new contexts,
comparison between collections and editorial production and other
benchmarking, collection policy statements);
- The development of print and e-collections (methods, interaction with
publishers and suppliers, the role of users in the collection development
process, cases of censorship and bias in collection development);
- The library as a content creator (both digital and non) according to the
- The arrangement of collections (contemporary, historical and special)
within the library space;
- The promotion of contemporary, historical and special collections, with a
particular focus on high-tech solutions;
- The use and impact of collections on library users;
- Collections and sustainability in the library;
- The influence of the Pandemic on the notion of “collection” and
“collection development and management”.
The *deadline for submissions is 29th May 2022*. Each proposal must be
submitted in English or Italian and should include:
- A title;
- An abstract of max. 1.500 characters (without spaces);
- Max. three keywords;
- Short bio of max. 500 characters (without spaces).
Proposals should be emailed with the subject “CFP Library collection” to
Sara Dinotola, sara.dinotola@xxxxxx
Patrick Urru, patrick.urru@xxxxxx
Participants will receive a reply two weeks after the submission deadline.
Conference proceedings will be published by the Italian Library Association
in the “Regional Section” series. The full version of the paper (max.
40.000 characters without spaces) must be sent to the organizers not later
than *7th October 2022*.
Sara Dinotola (City Library of Bolzano “Cesare Battisti”)
Patrick Urru (University of Trento)
Patrick Urru, Bibliotecario.
Professione disciplinata dalla Legge n. 4/2013;
iscritto all'Elenco degli Associati AIB, delibera n. E/2014/0883
Listeninformationen unter http://www.inetbib.de.