[InetBib] iPRES looks to the future: host cities announced for 2024, 2025 and 2026

*** Apologies for cross-posting ***

After an intense period of competition and rigorous assessment, the iPres
Steering Group is delighted to announce that the following cities have been
selected to host the conference in the years ahead:
.       2024: Ghent, Belgium
.       2025: Wellington, New Zealand
.       2026: Copenhagen, Denmark

'iPres is the premier international conference on digital preservation'
explained William Kilbride, General Chair of iPres in 2022.  'It brings
delegates from around the world, and from many different backgrounds and
sectors.  Digital preservation depends on collaboration and iPres is a critical
part of the social infrastructure needed to secure digital materials in the
long term. It's been doing that very successfully since 2004, but the pandemic
has disrupted its progress in the last couple of years.'

'We've been working hard to prepare a welcoming and thought-provoking
conference in Glasgow this year, and I know colleagues in University of
Illinois Urbana-Champaign are preparing a great programme in 2023 too. It's
really pleasing to know that the future of iPres is in such safe hands after
that. It's wonderfully encouraging also to know that there were so many
agencies and partnerships around the world had applied to host the conference.'

Dries Moreels, General Chair of iPres 2024: "We are honored to welcome the
international digital preservation community in Ghent and Flanders in 2024.
Joining forces with more than 20 partners, we aim to make iPRES 2024 a lasting
success by boosting exchange between and across research and practice and by
strengthening international networks in digital preservation."

Andrea Goethals of the National Library of New Zealand in Wellington welcomed
the news saying, 'We are honoured and excited to welcome the iPres community to
Wellington and Aotearoa New Zealand in 2025.'

Eld Zierau of Det Kgl. Bibliotek in Copenhagen responded to the news saying,
'This is fantastic news! Royal Danish Library, The Danish National Archives and
Copenhagen University are really looking forward to host iPres 2026. We are
very honoured and will of course do our best to make an inspiring and fruitful
conference.'

--
Stefan Strathmann

Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
Göttingen State and University Library
D-37070 Göttingen

Platz der Göttinger Sieben 1 (Central Library, Room 2.23)
+49 551 39-27806 (Tel. currently not staffed)
+4915159482829 (Mobil)

strathmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/