[InetBib] Call for Participation: Shared Task: “Survey Variable Identification in Social Science Publications” (SV-Ident) 2022

Dear colleagues,

You are invited to participate in the Shared Task: “Survey Variable
Identification in Social Science Publications” (SV-Ident) 2022. This shared
task is part of the Third Workshop on Scholarly Document Processing (SDP) and
co-located at COLING 2022.

Shared Task website: https://vadis-project.github.io/sv-ident-sdp2022/

Task Description:

In this shared task, we focus on concepts specific to social science
literature, namely survey variables. Survey variable mention identification in
texts can be seen as a multi-label classification problem: Given a sentence in
a document, and a list of unique variables (from a reference vocabulary of
survey variables), the task is to classify which variables, if any, are
mentioned in each sentence. To this end, we divide survey variable
identification into two sub-tasks:

  *   Task 1 - Variable Detection: identifying whether a sentence contains a
variable mention or not.
  *   Task 2 - Variable Disambiguation: identifying which variable from a given
vocabulary is mentioned in a sentence.

The corpus of this task includes multilingual (English and German) trial and
training datasets, which contain 1,980 and 4,248 instances, respectively. For
more details, please visit the shared task website.

Submission:

Please upload a submission file for your classification results to our
evaluation platform (more details on the shared task website). You can find
submission information and guidelines on the SDP workshop website.

Important dates:

- Trial data release: March 16, 2022

- Training data release: June 8, 2022

- Deadline for registration: July 4, 2022

- Test data release: July 18, 2022

- System runs due: July 25, 2022

- Workshop papers due: August 15, 2022

- Camera-ready papers due: September 5, 2022

- SDP workshop at COLING 2022: October 16/17, 2022

Useful links:

Shared Task website: https://vadis-project.github.io/sv-ident-sdp2022/

GitHub: https://github.com/vadis-project/sv-ident

Workshop website: https://sdproc.org/2022/sharedtasks.html

Organizers:

This task is organized by the VAriable Detection, Interlinking, and
Summarization (VADIS) project.

Main Organizers:

Tornike Tsereteli, University of Mannheim

Yavuz Selim Kartal, GESIS

Simone Paolo Ponzetto, University of Mannheim

Andrea Zielinski, Fraunhofer ISI

Philipp Mayr, GESIS

--
Dr. Philipp Mayr
Team Leader Information & Data Retrieval

GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences
Unter Sachsenhausen 6-8,  D-50667 Köln, Germany
Tel: + 49 (0) 221 / 476 94 -533
Email: philipp.mayr@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:philipp.mayr@xxxxxxxxx>
Web: https://www.gesis.org/en/kts