[InetBib] WG: Community Consultation for COUNTER Release 5.1

Liebe Kolleginnen und Kollegen,

falls nicht schon über andere Kanäle bekannt, möchte ich hier auf das eröffnete
Kommentierungsverfahren für den Entwurf von Release 5.1  des COUNTER Code of
Practice hinweisen.
Alle Interessierten sind herzlich eingeladen, sich zu beteiligen.
Mit besten Grüßen

Irene Barbers

---------

Irene Barbers

Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH

Zentralbibliothek / Central Library

Good afternoon all

I'm delighted to say that Release 5.1 of the COUNTER Code of Practice is now
open for community consultation!

First released in 2017, Release 5 of the COUNTER Code of Practice (CoP)
incorporates the concept of continuous maintenance. Thus far changes to Release
5 have been very small. In the last year COUNTER’s volunteer teams, led by the
Technical Advisory Group, have been working on a more significant update to the
Code of Practice designed to better facilitate Open Access reporting, among
other matters, and we’re now opening our work up to community consultation.

Key aspects of the CoP remain unchanged: the Platform, Database, Title and Item
Reports and their derivative Views remain in place, and the metrics themselves
(Investigations, Requests, Searches, and Denials) are similarly unaffected.

The primary changes we are introducing are: a more consistent focus on Items
(chapters, articles) as the unit of reporting, in place of the traditional
focus on Title-level (book) metrics; improved definitions of access types (open
versus controlled); and some significant upgrades to the SUSHI protocol and
associated JSON report structures.

The full consultation can be downloaded as a Consultation document (
<https://www.projectcounter.org/community-consultation-for-counter-release-5-1/>

https://www.projectcounter.org/community-consultation-for-counter-release-5-1/)
and is also available on GitHub.

As with all significant releases of the CoP, Release 5.1 is subject to
community consultation: please get involved by responding to us in any of the
ways we’ve made available to you:

- Through our GitHub repository:
<https://github.com/Project-Counter/Consultation_5.1/wiki>
https://github.com/Project-Counter/Consultation_5.1/wiki

- Through our Google form:  <https://forms.gle/v1QeA9rSSiyv9jgk8>
https://forms.gle/v1QeA9rSSiyv9jgk8

- By emailing our Project Director (me, on a different account):
<mailto:tasha.mellins-cohen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
tasha.mellins-cohen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The consultation will be open until Monday the 5th of September 2022. The
consultation is quite long but there is no need to answer in detail, or indeed
to answer every question, but please do invest some time over the next couple
of months to ensure COUNTER Release 5.1 is as useful as possible for you and
your colleagues.

All the best

Tasha

Tasha Mellins-Cohen

Project Director

Email:  <mailto:tasha.mellins-cohen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
tasha.mellins-cohen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Web: projectcounter.org

Twitter:@ProjectCounter

Hello all

Following up on last week's message, I'm writing to let you know that I've
scheduled a series of webinars about the about the Release 5.1 consultation.
They're at various times through the UK day so I hope that there'll be a
session to suit your timezone, wherever you are in the world:

- Tuesday 26 July 09.00 BST

- Wednesday 3 August 16.00 BST

- Monday 8 August 13.30 BST

They're free, of course, and registration is now open at
<https://bit.ly/3nQuW7l> https://bit.ly/3nQuW7l

All the best

Tasha